Is the original a7 worth it?

Window_Frame

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Why not fall in between and get the NX1 ? This camera cant get enough love, and seems to be discarted even though its great reviews. Videowise its certainly much superior than any of the cameras refered, and you can get it around 1,2k or less in the US. Its easily the best video camera for the pricetag.

Would really consider G7 instead of A7. G6 has been a great choice for my first short this weekend. Put some Canon FD glass into the play and you got a great setup

for a beautiful picture, strong and light codec, nice handling. I did my shoot just with one 28mm lens,

lighted the scenes up and was happy to be able to stay within 160 to 200 ISO.

About the Lens Turbo, I´ve read quiet a few convincing comments about it. As far as my experience goes, received mine yesterday. It has a loose fit on the m43 mount and

I almost couldnt unmount my FD lens later on. Pin within adapter was bent, though I do know how to mount to my normal FD adapter.

Any way, 28mm is still wide enough on M43 and still has a nice perspective considered normal enough for Super 35 Cinema standard. My 20mm 1.7 Lumix lens just

went over the edge perspective wise. G6 plus adapter plus lenshood plus FD cost me 320 Euros all together. For sound I recommend a Beachtek preamp I rented

over the last weekend.

​my lens turbo is not very good at all, nikon to e mount. Both the fitment to the camera and the lens are ridicoulsy loose, so loose that i had to tape some thing to the adapter so that it would sit more secure. I acctuly before had a lens just twist of and fall of my adapter before. Also when i got the adapter id didn't fit my camera because of the little tab over the lens realse button. I messaged Mitakon with no answer. I had to hack saw it away.

​my lens turbo is not very good at all, nikon to e mount. Both the fitment to the camera and the lens are ridicoulsy loose, so loose that i had to tape some thing to the adapter so that it would sit more secure. I acctuly before had a lens just twist of and fall of my adapter before. Also when i got the adapter id didn't fit my camera because of the little tab over the lens realse button. I messaged Mitakon with no answer. I had to hack saw it away.

​Thanks for the report, was thinking of getting one of these for my A6000, as my M43 lens turbo is pretty good I think. Can I ask which camera this was with, and also, do you know whether this was the v2 lens turbo?

​Thanks for the report, was thinking of getting one of these for my A6000, as my M43 lens turbo is pretty good I think. Can I ask which camera this was with, and also, do you know whether this was the v2 lens turbo?

​its was the version 2 one, i use and nex 7 and sometimes fs100. Image quality is nice but with some lenses there is a pink cast in the middle of the frame when using f1.4 - 2.0.

Thanks for the response. All of that seems a little out of my range at this point in terms of budget. I think it would be just cheaper for me to buy the FF a7 or an NX500 with a prime lens for it.

​It is always much much much better idea to spend more on lenses, and less on the camera body. 

Get even a Panasonic G6 on sale, or a second hand GH2, and leave the rest of your budget for areas that matter such as a few nice lenses.