Zeiss Otus 55mm F/1.4 or 85mm F/1.4 - Canon 1D C !

lafilm

I wonder if the 55 1.4 also has the aspherical bokeh problem (tree lines)

Hopefully not ... any highly corrected aspheric lens will disappoint you if this is your focus.

And tree fractals are hopelessly complex nothing short of a holga does them justice .... Aspherics add a major detriment to certain objects ...

which is why the Zeiss Milvus 85 has no aspheric components ... but it is not a FF lens.

And if boheh is the end all for your rendering ... go with a DSO FF 85 ....

Bob

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I don't like the 85mm focal length. Another reason is that there are a lot of 85 1.4 lenses that are good enough, but that 55 1.4 seems pretty special.

Fair enough. The 85mm vs 50/55mm debate has been going on for 6 decades. It really is a tough call.

I thought so but Zeiss representative said that Milvus line will resolve 4K and even 6K without a problem, so I just wondered if Otus line is that much better.

That is true about 6K, however, the Otus line (glass elements) take this line to another level above and beyond the Milvus.

Hopefully not ... any highly corrected aspheric lens will disappoint you if this is your focus.

And tree fractals are hopelessly complex nothing short of a holga does them justice .... Aspherics add a major detriment to certain objects ...

which is why the Zeiss Milvus 85 has no aspheric components ... but it is not a FF lens.

And if boheh is the end all for your rendering ... go with a DSO FF 85 ....

Bob

Bob, the Milvus lenses are full frame. I think they look great but for pure performance the full frame Otus (near Master Prime level which is S35) is superior. Now if I could figure out what focal length..and here comes the 28mm at the end of the month.