Anyone else tried the C-mount APS-C 25mm f1.4?

Inazuma

I received one of these today. It's a cheap (£34) lens that comes with its own soft little faux-leather pouch, adapter ring and macro step up. The lens is made of metal, has a front thread and has well dampened rings that have grooves. It has a minimum focus distance of around 25cm though it is marked as 30cm.  The size is perfect for small cameras like the Panasonic GX7 or Sony a6000.

It is optically superb with similar centre sharpness to my Olympus 17mm f1.8. Certainly sharper than any other cheap lens I've bought. Also minimal flaring and CA. Colour-wise it reduces the saturation of reds/oranges which is actually beneficial on Panasonic cameras because they tend to overdo them. Also it is a low-contrast lens which helps with getting flatter images in video. 

The only downside I've found so far is that it is actually more than 1.5 stops darker than the aforementioned Oly lens. Now whether this is because its aperture is actually smaller than advertised or just because of low-transmission elements I don't know (would need a Panny 25mm f1.4 to compare). 

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

P4850062.JPG

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Yes, I have this lens and the 50mm. Both are excellent. I love how blue the sky looks when I shoot with this lens. With my nex it's a treat to use with focus peaking but I am selling the nex and not sure how it will fare with my eos-m. I found myself comparing it with the Fujian and it is way more clinical compared to it but I guess compared to a nikkor or something, it would look pretty dream like and muted. Overall it's a nice little lens. I bought mine from rainbowimaging and in their listing, it states that the lens is actually a 2.2 or a 2.5. Supposedly the manufacturer misprinted them... Or some shit. 

I do have a 25mm f/1.4 C-mount, but it looks very different than the one you're showing here. Also, mine isn't sharp at all and the minimum focus distance isn't great.

The Fujian 35mm f/1.7 I got before that I liked a whole lot better. The 50mm f/1.4 is so-so.

But... they do have some crazy apertures going on and there are some milky flares and swirly bokeh going on. Could be a thing you'd want to go for... some weird artsy vibe, but to be honest, I've only used 'em on the GH2 in EX-TELE mode. Nowadays, if I want more character I'd actually rather use vintage lenses or perhaps one of the Zhongyi ones.

I would love if the same company made a set specifically for BMPCC. Maybe a 10mm, a 16... Etc. 

​I was wondering about these...

​Not C-mount cheap, but 1.2 cine lenses for s16 at Rokinon VDSLR prices it seems. Nice 'n wide too. Not sure if that would work though.

I do have a 25mm f/1.4 C-mount, but it looks very different than the one you're showing here. Also, mine isn't sharp at all and the minimum focus distance isn't great.

The Fujian 35mm f/1.7 I got before that I liked a whole lot better. The 50mm f/1.4 is so-so.

But... they do have some crazy apertures going on and there are some milky flares and swirly bokeh going on. Could be a thing you'd want to go for... some weird artsy vibe, but to be honest, I've only used 'em on the GH2 in EX-TELE mode. Nowadays, if I want more character I'd actually rather use vintage lenses or perhaps one of the Zhongyi ones.

​I was wondering about these...

​Not C-mount cheap, but 1.2 cine lenses for s16 at Rokinon VDSLR prices it seems. Nice 'n wide too. Not sure if that would work though.

Yeah those lenses look sweet. I need to find a translation though.