Some questions about BMPCC and BMMCC

Turboguard

So I love the image of the Pocket and have been using it since release. Now with the Micro on the horizon using the same but upgraded sensor I decided to go for it (also consider the price point).

Got some questions;

1. But when shooting RAW, rolling shutter 60fps, will he Sandisk Extreme Pro really hold up? The RAW in my Pocket is 2MB/s and the write on the Extreme Pro is 95MB/s. So 2x60=120MB/s. 

2. When shooting ProRes HQ, it's supposed to be color profile 4-2-2 correct, but looking at the file I shot the other day (first time trying ProRes in 2 years!) it says HD 1-1-1, what does that mean? (see attached image)

3. When do you guys think we get to see some test footage of the Micro used in the field?

Kind of all over the place with the question, but grateful for all replies!

Cheers

Screen Shot 2015-05-21 at 2.42.03 PM.png

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

1. Don't know

2. Don't know

3. Could be literally a year or more knowing black magic.  My guess is when a buyer tests it out for the first time when they get it.  Lets say november and for a big anticlimax the footage will look exaclty the same as the pocket.    The global shutter is certainly and intriguing prospect though.

Blackmagic Design is getting better and better at shipping their cameras in a timely manner.

I expect we'll see them in much less than a year from now. I believe them when they say it will ship in July when it comes to the URSA Mini 4K and BMMCC. As those two should need the least prep to be ready. The 4.6K sensor however.... I wouldn't be too surprised if that one slips by a few months. Simply because it is their first time making their own sensor. 

So I love the image of the Pocket and have been using it since release. Now with the Micro on the horizon using the same but upgraded sensor I decided to go for it (also consider the price point).

Got some questions;

1. But when shooting RAW, rolling shutter 60fps, will he Sandisk Extreme Pro really hold up? The RAW in my Pocket is 2MB/s and the write on the Extreme Pro is 95MB/s. So 2x60=120MB/s. 

2. When shooting ProRes HQ, it's supposed to be color profile 4-2-2 correct, but looking at the file I shot the other day (first time trying ProRes in 2 years!) it says HD 1-1-1, what does that mean? (see attached image)

3. When do you guys think we get to see some test footage of the Micro used in the field?

Kind of all over the place with the question, but grateful for all replies!

Cheers

Screen Shot 2015-05-21 at 2.42.03 PM.png

Your math is definitely off and you're overthinking yourself for no reason. Also Blackmagic NEVER stated that the sensor used in the Micro camera was any different or upgraded in any form vs the pocket. I actually wouldn't be surprised if it was the same exact sensor or very similar with just certain features de-locked that they simply locked for the Pocket camera.

Don't hold your breath for footage...........

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

They BM CEO did say somewhere I heard him in an interview it's the second generation s16 film sensor from Fairchild Imaging, with a new rolling shutter mode with the ability to get to 60p, less artefacts in lowlight and "overal improved image quality", I hope he means aliasing with artrfacts. He said it in a very quick an detailed way as he always does and skimmed to the next subject as if it were nothing important for buyers to know.