Werner Herzog Reviews the Sony F35, Red One MX, and Digital Bolex 16!

Ed_David

I'm genuinely intererested in the reply to that question, and of course, why you deliberately misread it and fail at being funny on the internet. Both those things.

​I think TestingOneTwos (f.k.a. Ed) video is a hoax. It's not Herzogs voice, not his words. And that's why there are also no good skin tones. The clip makes fun of us videots, and that part you seem to have missed. 

Herzog, however, may sound preposterous to english ears, but he is a serious man. In the way Don Quixote is serious when he attacks the windmills. BTW: He never really criticised the RED one, he just said it wasn't yet reliable enough for his kind of work, but lately he shot his stuff with Reds, as you can check on imdb.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Here's the response from Werner, 

"I put a look on the skintone because we are trying to make the thing naturalized - and we can't if its flat - if I show you the raw image - then you have to do the work. So we are trying to save your time.  Which is very, very valuable.  I am sorry that me and my team did a bad job on the skin tones and that they look too Hollywood - we will try better next time if we don't all die very quickly by accident by a comet or something just as random as that, like getting hit by a stray bullet."

Hey ED, good to see your now using click bait titles to get views. I don't care if it's done in humor, putting Blackmagic 4.6K test in your video title is lame, stupid, and just a dick move.

Also, get the hell off of the LUT use, how the f*** can skin tones be judged from such heavily altered footage.

BTW: He never really criticised the RED one, he just said it wasn't yet reliable enough for his kind of work, but lately he shot his stuff with Reds, as you can check on imdb.

No, he really did criticise the RED One. Heavily. He called it 'terrible'.

He shoot Queen of the Desert with the Epic, a much better camera.

Because I find it funny.

And you'd have to know me to appreciate the context of why I find it funny. 

If you don't, then you won't. 

​Werner says you are not allowed to find it funny about the context of the heavy look on the camera skintone test to obscure the results - which should not amuse you.  

​Werner says you are not allowed to find it funny about the context of the heavy look on the camera skintone test to obscure the results - which should not amuse you.  

How can I be amused when the cold blue deepness projects into the void of the horizon and reflects back nothingness? 

Here on the edge of this urban wilderness, we ask ourselves, are we more or less than this visible spectrum?

Spinning like a dancer.  Like photons; never existing but always existing  

Yet, the dog continues running alongside his master. Day after day for hundreds of miles.  

How can I be amused when the cold blue deepness projects into the void of the horizon and reflects back nothingness? 

Here on the edge of this urban wilderness, we ask ourselves, are we more or less than this visible spectrum?

Spinning like a dancer.  Like photons; never existing but always existing  

Yet, the dog continues running alongside his master. Day after day for hundreds of miles.  

​man I wish I hired you to write some lines!

The narration would have been better if it actually sounded like things Herzog would say. Or sounded like him. Or was funny.

​Yes next time we will all try much harder to impress you with things I would say or sound like him or try to be funny, or if not we will keep trying as well.

I am sorry you felt this way.

• 2 weeks later...

​I think TestingOneTwos (f.k.a. Ed) video is a hoax. It's not Herzogs voice, not his words. And that's why there are also no good skin tones. The clip makes fun of us videots, and that part you seem to have missed. 

Herzog, however, may sound preposterous to english ears, but he is a serious man. In the way Don Quixote is serious when he attacks the windmills. BTW: He never really criticised the RED one, he just said it wasn't yet reliable enough for his kind of work, but lately he shot his stuff with Reds, as you can check on imdb.

​no I know, i've been to a seminar with him, his voice is an act he puts on.. and it's wonderful. But bad interpretations are always a mess to witness. like this one.