Help : Use Clone Stamp in CC with Video

TSV

Hi

I was shooting some video this morning and realised that a little Ladybug was actually camping on the top right corner or my lens for a few videos I made... And while I really like FCPx I do not find any way to remove this little "dark" area on the corner on my video (see screenshot below). 

Now I know that PhotoShop CC can do the trick and I could actually use the clone stamp to remove my little friend from my footage but ONLY on the first frame and I would like to be able to duplicate this action for at least 10sec, but as you would have guess I have no ideas on how to make sure that this clone stamp can be duplicated for at least 10sec...

Any ideas?

THANKS!

Screen Shot 2015-05-13 at 1.38.00 PM.png

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

-In Photoshop open your movieclip.  Menu> Command O…

The animated version.

-Drag the movie clip on the 'New layer' Icon in the Layer palette. This will duplicate the layer. It's an animated layer.
-Create a Selection for the part of the sky you want to put on top of the lady bug
-With the duplicate layer and the selection active click the 'Layer Mask' icon on the Layer Palette. The 'Layer Mask' is now active on the duplicate layer
-Drag the duplicate layer in place.
-Shorten the timeline for the duplicated clip to your needs.

The still version.

-Select the part of your footage you want to clone.
-Command C/V. This will paste the selection as a duplicate on top of the original in a new layer. It's not an animated layer.
-Set a sample with the clone tool somewhere in the duplicate layer.
-Make the movie clip layer active and start cloning.

I don't now how FCP works exactly but you should put a masked clip on top of the other (still or animated) and be done with it.

Use After Effects... It has a clone tool on the video layer

I will invest in AE at some point :P

-In Photoshop open your movieclip.  Menu> Command O…

The animated version.

-Drag the movie clip on the 'New layer' Icon in the Layer palette. This will duplicate the layer. It's an animated layer.
-Create a Selection for the part of the sky you want to put on top of the lady bug
-With the duplicate layer and the selection active click the 'Layer Mask' icon on the Layer Palette. The 'Layer Mask' is now active on the duplicate layer
-Drag the duplicate layer in place.
-Shorten the timeline for the duplicated clip to your needs.

The still version.

-Select the part of your footage you want to clone.
-Command C/V. This will paste the selection as a duplicate on top of the original in a new layer. It's not an animated layer.
-Set a sample with the clone tool somewhere in the duplicate layer.
-Make the movie clip layer active and start cloning.

I don't now how FCP works exactly but you should put a masked clip on top of the other (still or animated) and be done with it.

​Thanks Bunk! The still version worked just fine! It is not perfect yet but now I know how to make it work!

Screen Shot 2015-05-13 at 4.54.26 PM.png