Vimeo Pro Promo (Ends 5/17)

Sekhar

Vimeo has a promo for their Pro subscription (which is $199/year), where they're giving away $150 in B&H gift card if you get it by 5/17. Any opinions on Vimeo and specifically Pro? I'm thinking on jumping on this, mainly to host 4K videos, I understand Vimeo is now supporting 4K streaming for their Pro members.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Well, Vimeo is streaming 4K for sure, see these videos. And they did announce back in December that pro members will be able to upload/download 4K content. It's not entirely clear though if current pro members can see their 4K content streamed in 4K or if Vimeo is rolling it out in phases. Philip Bloom says they are getting streamed. May be some pro member here can confirm. Regardless, I'm pretty confident it's imminent. If not, hey we're down by less than $50 for the year.

Great tip, Sekar.  I'll be taking advantage of this.  Since its want posted, yet, I thought I'd post the link for the deal: https://vimeo.com/bhpromo2015 

---------

IMPORTANT:  For those that are already Pro or Plus members:

"*Current Vimeo PRO subscribers are not eligible and current Vimeo Plus subscribers will not receive prorated pricing."

Well, Vimeo is streaming 4K for sure, see these videos. And they did announce back in December that pro members will be able to upload/download 4K content. It's not entirely clear though if current pro members can see their 4K content streamed in 4K or if Vimeo is rolling it out in phases. Philip Bloom says they are getting streamed. May be some pro member here can confirm. Regardless, I'm pretty confident it's imminent. If not, hey we're down by less than $50 for the year.

​When I see the video I can turn HD on/off but no sign of 4K. The author says it is 4K but I guess he refers to the resolution he shot at. 

​When I see the video I can turn HD on/off but no sign of 4K. The author says it is 4K but I guess he refers to the resolution he shot at. 

​They're rolling it out, see their help entry. Currently pro members can upload and allow downloads of 4K content, but as I understand they will soon be able to get it streamed as well.