B-camera to the Nikon D750?

red

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

Oh and don't forget that native 1080p 3x crop on the D760, a lovely feature. Even 10x doesn't look horrible! Great for prime shooters and wildlife video. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I got Sony a7s and Nikon D5200. But still i shoot a lot whit D5200 ( whit 64Mbps hack). It give wery nice quality straight out of camera when use Flaat 10-11. And i can shot at iso 6400 and in  some cases even 12.800 ( if video is mainly used in youtube or vimeo). Canon D650 is under bed for cleaning floors mainly, sometime used as hammer ;) And sometimes i cant tell the difference between D5200 and a7s like many thought  that this video was shoot whit a7s when it was shoot whit D5200 (except girl at start)  https://vimeo.com/113397445

Thanks once again for taking the time to post and providing valuable information! Credit to the community on EOS HD :)

I will go ahead with the D750 and D5500 combination and also buy myself a Variable ND Filter to better control extreme light rather than worry about lack of aperture control when shooting. The Tiffen seems a very good one but a tad costly.

I have also managed to get the Nikon FX 24-120 F4 at a good price so will look to pair that with the D5500 for extra reach (36-180) and use the FX 50 1.4 for low light situations and leave the 2.8 24-70 on the D750.

@terozzz an awesome video. A camera only gets you so far but your talent in the shoot is evident.

Yup, briefly in the store just like the D5500 :rolleyes: I compared the image to the 70D not the D5500, but from relativity, I'd say the image is pretty much like the D5500... ETC

​Thanks for your input Ebrahim. The reason I was asking is because I have been using my D600 a bit and have found it to have extraordinary dynamic range in video when using the CineFlat profile. However it has dog shit sharpness and insane moire/aliasing

I'm going to sell it now and replace it with a D5500 to use as my main video & photo cam for serious work (despite the crap OVF and lack of a second dial and top LCD). The GX7 will remain with me for travel :) It has great video quality and dynamic range, but the cineflat profile on these Nikons is something else. Plus the natural colours..

Thinking of buying an external recorder too later on, but does anyone know how much of a difference it makes?

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

​Thanks for your input Ebrahim. The reason I was asking is because I have been using my D600 a bit and have found it to have extraordinary dynamic range in video when using the CineFlat profile. However it has dog shit sharpness and insane moire/aliasing

I'm going to sell it now and replace it with a D5500 to use as my main video & photo cam for serious work (despite the crap OVF and lack of a second dial and top LCD). The GX7 will remain with me for travel :) It has great video quality and dynamic range, but the cineflat profile on these Nikons is something else. Plus the natural colours..

Thinking of buying an external recorder too later on, but does anyone know how much of a difference it makes?

Wont regret it. D5500 solves both your issues (resolution and aliasing) but it does lose the Full frame look and DOF rendition of the D600, especially noticeable in stills mode. Just a fact. D750 is the way to keep both- 

External recording will not make a difference, unless they made a huge jump in the HDMI output from the D5300 (and every other single DSLR from Canon and Nikon) which I tested heavily and it just doesn't make a difference to record externally, just bigger files that clog your storage and make editting more fluid on slower computers (ProRes). It's good to have a clean output for monitoring anyway, I think most of us will be carrying a Blackmagic video assist on top of out DSLRs and MILCs when it comes out (if the panel is OK) and clean HDMI makes things easier and well, cleaner to frame and use the monitors scopes/peaking.