Skin Tones. Teach me.

anchoricex

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Dear All,

Could you help me how to fix orange skin tones?

Im testing picture profile settings on my LX100, and i find a good one for the dynamic range, but (sometimes) bad for the skin tones.

I attached a picture about the problem.

You can try youself to grade it, here is the link for the clip: Orange skin tone

Settings for the footage:

Lx100 @ 75mm F2.8, Standard, -5 contrast, -1 sharpness, -4 NR, 0 Saturation, +-2 shadow/highlight curve, iDynamic: low, -0,66 EV exposure, ISO200 auto shutter, 4K 100Mbps downsampled to 1080p25p in FCPX

If i can fix this problem somehow, this would be my "flat" settings. (maybe -3 to saturation will also help)

Simple desaturation in post is not enough, After curves orange comes back

Képernyőfotó 2015-05-14 - 21.41.45.png

​Hey dude, try applying the LUT I made a few weeks ago: http://sebcastilho.com/2015/04/19/pleasing-neutralising-panasonic-luts/

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

I don't think there's a skin issue here the entire place is just orange. If you want to fix it you substract orange by adding the opposite colour (teal) on the colour wheel, just like a white balance fix. With colours wheels you can take colours anywhere. orange.thumb.JPG.73c356fccf4ebc72b027bbcorange2.thumb.JPG.e5da68f2b0a244168bc0e7

Totally subjective.

I don't think there's a skin issue here the entire place is just orange. If you want to fix it you substract orange by adding the opposite colour (teal) on the colour wheel, just like a white balance fix. With colours wheels you can take colours anywhere. orange.thumb.JPG.73c356fccf4ebc72b027bbcorange2.thumb.JPG.e5da68f2b0a244168bc0e7

Totally subjective.

​looks good - i would still do a secondary color correct - go into his face and add some red - shift midtones and change highlights - less green - just place around

Totally subjective.

​You were right, in this case it's a WB issue. 

Inazuma, im already using your LUT's and i really like them!

Képernyőfotó 2015-05-16 - 9.21.59.png