Two Underrated Products

sanveer

I was thinking of a Sennheiser too at some point of time. Now, I have a Zoom H1 equivalent, AND an on-camera mic (Dual Sound). I have the NTG2 btw, as well. 

About the sound setting, I used similar settings, but this guy is into wedding videos. I use it more for shorts and some channel work. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I hate, absolutely hate sound, this microphone seems like it will take away some of the chore out audio work. The in camera recording sounded pretty damn usable to me, for run and gun work and then the wav recording is just icing on the cake... Or vice versa. Thanks again for posting this thread. I never would have found this mic without it. 

I hate, absolutely hate sound, this microphone seems like it will take away some of the chore out audio work. The in camera recording sounded pretty damn usable to me, for run and gun work and then the wav recording is just icing on the cake... Or vice versa. Thanks again for posting this thread. I never would have found this mic without it. 

You're welcome. I guess the idea of a group is to be able to help each other. Glad to be of help. 

I find the whole idea of doing sound myself (or relying on someone else), tedious too. And, most often sound quality is not as pleasing to the ears, as one would have hoped. Sound guys this side of the globe aren't very good (unfortunately). 

I still have to do an extensive test myself (because there are hardly any good videos of the VP83F online, and since I have used it, I Kow its potential). Just not had the time. Plus am outta camera right now. So waiting. 

You're welcome. I guess the idea of a group is to be able to help each other. Glad to be of help. 

I find the whole idea of doing sound myself (or relying on someone else), tedious too. And, most often sound quality is not as pleasing to the ears, as one would have hoped. Sound guys this side of the globe aren't very good (unfortunately). 

I still have to do an extensive test myself (because there are hardly any good videos of the VP83F online, and since I have used it, I Kow its potential). Just not had the time. Plus am outta camera right now. So waiting. 

I have read time and time again that no matter how professional you attempt sound, unless you have a sound crew, the audio is going to be lacking. I don't have access to professional equipment, I don't have access to a sound engineer to mix the audio on set. And even Hollywood productions, with all of their money and skill, usually end up post dubbing the dialogue. But I do understand that audio is important, I just don't want to be a slave to it. That's why I am so excited about this Shure. What camera are you looking to get?

I have read time and time again that no matter how professional you attempt sound, unless you have a sound crew, the audio is going to be lacking. I don't have access to professional equipment, I don't have access to a sound engineer to mix the audio on set. And even Hollywood productions, with all of their money and skill, usually end up post dubbing the dialogue. But I do understand that audio is important, I just don't want to be a slave to it. That's why I am so excited about this Shure. What camera are you looking to get?

Mercer, very spot on. I am a little disappointed that Panasonic and Sony don't  have a very good supply chain in India, for the Prosumer range. Also, the LX100 is for $750 or something in Amazon and a few other places in the US. Here it is still largely unavailable. Most people have friends and family pick it up from abroad. Though that poses an issue with warranty.

I am looking at the LX100. I like the FZ100 too, but it's too chunky and the lens is not fast enough. Also the LX100 has extremely shallow depth of field just like the 5Ds. That is interesting.

In the US it is retailing for  $750 at places right now.

Mercer, very spot on. I am a little disappointed that Panasonic and Sony don't  have a very good supply chain in India, for the Prosumer range. Also, the LX100 is for $750 or something in Amazon and a few other places in the US. Here it is still largely unavailable. Most people have friends and family pick it up from abroad. Though that poses an issue with warranty.

I am looking at the LX100. I like the FZ100 too, but it's too chunky and the lens is not fast enough. Also the LX100 has extremely shallow depth of field just like the 5Ds. That is interesting.

In the US it is retailing for  $750 at places right now.

Both seem like capable cameras. My only gripe with the LX100 is that there is no mic input. The FZ1000, even with the slower lens and it's clunky size, it has mic input with manual audio adjustment. I really think the G7 may be the best bet for me, ability to change lenses, mic input, 4K. Looks like a gem. Then, maybe, get the FZ1000, cheaply in a couple months. 

Both seem like capable cameras. My only gripe with the LX100 is that there is no mic input. The FZ1000, even with the slower lens and it's clunky size, it has mic input with manual audio adjustment. I really think the G7 may be the best bet for me, ability to change lenses, mic input, 4K. Looks like a gem. Then, maybe, get the FZ1000, cheaply in a couple months. 

Come to Think of it, WHAT was Panasonic thinking when it made such an excellent video shooter, without a mic in? 
No ND Filter, fine; no articulated screen, hmmm .... ok, fine; no touch screen (despite so many Panasonic Cams having them now) hmmm ... that too fine; no HDMI Out, well ... maybe they're saving their GH4 line, otherwise people may migrate away; but, No Mic In .... why???