Why should I go and get an ATOMOS Shogun?

TSV

Think you looked up the wrong thing. ;) It's:

663-O/P2 features a native 1280 x 800 panelpanel

​Thanks. I will most probably get this little Screen it is even cheaper than the 5.6" MustHD.

I will let you know!

PS. Guys, thank you so much for your patience and taking time to answer my questions.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Well, looking at a 399 monitor is one thing, looking at one of 1199 is another. And then you might as well get the 502 Sidefinder combo this summer for 1499, monitor/EVF solution for half the price of the Zacuto Gratical HD.

Although for that price I'd personally rather get the Videodevices PIX-E5H (1195) which isn't just a monitor (with LUT support!), but adds 4K Prores recording functionality too. Finish your kit with the PIX-LR XLR audio interface (299) and you're good to go!

Well, looking at a 399 monitor is one thing, looking at one of 1199 is another. And then you might as well get the 502 Sidefinder combo this summer for 1499, monitor/EVF solution for half the price of the Zacuto Gratical HD.

Although for that price I'd personally rather get the Videodevices PIX-E5H (1195) which isn't just a monitor (with LUT support!), but adds 4K Prores recording functionality too. Finish your kit with the PIX-LR XLR audio interface (299) and you're good to go!

​Damn, the XLR interface is that cheap?! Really tough decision now between the 502 Sidefinder and PIX-E5H+XML combo. The EVF and bluetooth joystick control on the 502 look extremely useful, but so does a nice integrated XLR solution. However, I don't want to shoot ProRes every shoot, especially the long ones, and the XLR adapter is only useful when recording.  

​Damn, the XLR interface is that cheap?! Really tough decision now between the 502 Sidefinder and PIX-E5H+XML combo. The EVF and bluetooth joystick control on the 502 look extremely useful, but so does a nice integrated XLR solution. However, I don't want to shoot ProRes every shoot, especially the long ones, and the XLR adapter is only useful when recording.  

​Jup, price according: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1140405-REG/video_devices_pix_lr_xlr_audio_interface_for.html . ;)

Hi everyone, 

I recently bought a GH4 and I needed a field monitor, so I bought the MustHD M-701 monitor (I'll have it in a few days). I want to be able to record 4K internally, and use the monitor just for framing, focusing, exposure etc. I read on a youtube review that no 1080p monitor will see a 4K video feed, is that true? So if you want to record 4k on a GH4 and get a field monitor, you can only get Atomos shogun or any other 4K field monitor?

Hi everyone, 

I recently bought a GH4 and I needed a field monitor, so I bought the MustHD M-701 monitor (I'll have it in a few days). I want to be able to record 4K internally, and use the monitor just for framing, focusing, exposure etc. I read on a youtube review that no 1080p monitor will see a 4K video feed, is that true? So if you want to record 4k on a GH4 and get a field monitor, you can only get Atomos shogun or any other 4K field monitor?

Yes and No. Yes, most monitors wouldn't know what to do with a 4K signal. ​No, the GH4 has a 'tv connection' option, that allows you to output a different quality output (1080p, probably even better to go with 'AUTO' altogether, a live feed which is accepted by most field monitors, just some might run into issues when shooting 24p, or playing back clips from what I've gathered). So, I think it should be fine for live monitoring.

• 1 month later...