Noise Proof Pro

Dan Wake

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

You can't remove it but you can make it less obvious in for example Resolve. So my guess is that the plug-in works the same. 

​can you share a workflow about how to do it please?

p.s.

I also have a technique but it's uncomfortable. 

1) convert the scene in tiff.

2) open all the tiffs in lightroom.

3) use the brush degned to remove the moire on the first photo

4) copy paste the settings to all the tiffs

5) export all to jpg at max quality

5) use after effects to make a video with the jpegs

moths ago I wrote to noise proof team to ask info about theyr plug in and I explained them my workflow. they suggested me to buy theyr plug in because it's better. I didn't because I had no money (I know only 10$...).

they said to me this:

cut

"I must say our tool is way more powerful and efficient than the one in Lightroom. 
 However and just like the Lightroom tool, ours is also aimed at colour moire as it
 will not be as efficient with monochromatic moire ( moire occurring solely on the luminance channel ).
 This is due to theoretical limitations, you cannot remove a pattern in the Y channel without blurring the image, and that’s against the whole idea behind NoiseProof Pro, which is maintaining detail and texture in the image while removing moiré."

cut

this tehnique works great for removing CA, but moire not so much. Still it`s a great way to sharpen the footage without getting hallo effects, I have a preset in davinci that I apply to all my canon footage before I start doing anything to it.

Lol... I've been using that workflow since I had a t2i. All they were offering is presets. It works great. Here's one for the t2i. I've blasted aliasing on really tricky shots this way.

If you have both chroma and luma aliasing use this. Turn up luma noise reduction and the medium frequency NR. If the frame moves a lot, turn on temporal filtering and experiment. If it's a lock off sometimes better not to.

If it's just chroma (noise in hair) duplicate your layer (in After Effects), blur the above layer 12 pixels, use the color transfer mode. The colors will look a little less rich but the aliasing is gone.

Both get you footage that's a little softer/less vibrant. Not a lot... but it's a trade-off you lose a bit of punch. Mask it and you're done, though. Works amazing.

t2ialiasing.dnp