Pleasing & Neutralising Panasonic LUTs

Inazuma

Hi Seb,  what would the workflow be here for using your LUTs?  Correct image and colours (balance, luminance, contrast) - I typically try to get the skintones correct here using the vectorscope.  Then apply your LUT or do the correction after applying your "pleasing" or "neutralising" LUT?  Then use one of the film-like LUTs like VisionColour or Filmconvert and do any final correction?

Also, how would you recommend building a LUT to match cameras?  You obviously built yours matching your Panasonic to Canon.  I would like to match my Panasonic to my Olympus (or my Olympus to your "pleasing" LUT applied to my Panasonic).  Could you give me an idea of your workflow and how you did it?

Thanks!

Use this LUT first and then add any other contrast curves you like. Then add the LUT of your choice. Don't use FilmConvert with this LUT because they use similar methods to compensate for colour inaccuracies. If your LUT is specific for the Panasonic then you also will likely not have to use this one.

The way I built this was by basically matching a colour chart shot with the GX7/GH4 to one with the Canon 5d3. Some additional tweaks were made which is why there are 5 different profiles.

Incidentally the LUT also works really well with CLOG from the Canon C100 Mark II. Go figure..

What lens for the 

What lens for the shot of the girl wearing hat?

Fujian CCTV 25mm

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

It does a little bit. The real problem how long the minimum focus distance is and how unsmooth the focus ring is

It has a nice look. I used to have the 35mm version which is very nice. I bought my wife a GM1 recently - I'm going to get her the 35mm so maybe I'll get the 25mm too. Anyone here tried the 50mm Fujian?

I'm going to try your LUT when I get a chance.

Don't suppose you fancy starting a thread about how you like the C100 MkII? I'd be very interested ...

It has a nice look. I used to have the 35mm version which is very nice. I bought my wife a GM1 recently - I'm going to get her the 35mm so maybe I'll get the 25mm too. Anyone here tried the 50mm Fujian?

I'm going to try your LUT when I get a chance.

Don't suppose you fancy starting a thread about how you like the C100 MkII? I'd be very interested ...

Im sure I sent you them a couple months ago?

Theres not much to say about it really. It is what you expect.  A cconvenient camera for a one man band. The sharpness of a Panasonic with the colour/tonality of a Canon and the usability of a camcorder. And some ludicrous low light ability.  

Im sure I sent you them a couple months ago?

Theres not much to say about it really. It is what you expect.  A cconvenient camera for a one man band. The sharpness of a Panasonic with the colour/tonality of a Canon and the usability of a camcorder. And some ludicrous low light ability.  

Oh I thought it was a new set of LUTs. Yes I have them ...