Anamorphic on a 16mm camera

BonaparteCreative

I have seen that some lenses have a minimum focal length to avoid vignetting or such, for example it seems most full frame dslr's must use at least an 85mm lens to use the anamorphic lens. Do this also apply for a 16mm film camera. I have a K-3 and was wanting to try out a Mini Hypergonar 2x Anamorphic lens that a friend has. Any help or advice would be appreciated. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

If I'm not mistaken, some 16mm anamorphic projector lenses have double use as film lenses, as well. But if you are talking about the Krasnogorsk 3 camera, you will need to mount it on something other than the Meteor 5-1 lens, which has a rotating front element focus that will throw off your alignment.

The minimum (widest maximum) focal length depends on the anamorphic. On 16mm you won't need 85mm, but you will need something that gives an equivalent field of view as 85mm on fullframe. 16mm is like 3x crop factor compared to fullframe I think, so 28mm on your Krasnogorsk will give the same field of view as 85mm on a fullframe camera.