Canon C300 2 video

FilmMan

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

There are some shots in there that look great, the outdoor shots are beautiful. Yes, the indoor shots are not lit perfectly and I guess the idea was to show off the DR, but I have no doubt this camera is the real deal (Same with the Ursa 4.6k)

Fantastic options. If I can scrape the cash, i'll probably opt for the C300 II..... NDs, size and DR throughout the ISO range are a big deal to me. If the maths don't add up though, Ursa mini will be mine!

There are some shots in there that look great, the outdoor shots are beautiful. Yes, the indoor shots are not lit perfectly and I guess the idea was to show off the DR, but I have no doubt this camera is the real deal (Same with the Ursa 4.6k)

Fantastic options. If I can scrape the cash, i'll probably opt for the C300 II..... NDs, size and DR throughout the ISO range are a big deal to me. If the maths don't add up though, Ursa mini will be mine!

​But it's plain to see the dynamic range isn't there. The highlight roll off and latitude is bad. 

• Administrators

Dynamic range in the acting or in the camera?!

I think Gale did a good job with it.

The rest, especially the audio is not at the same level... but not exactly unexpected for such a quick shoot promo video.

There are a lot of uncomfortable pauses in dialogue, as if the director and actors hadn't had enough time to get into the material.

C300 MKII looks shit. I mean, if it were $4000 - $6000, I could accept. But this video-look for $16,000? F**k that.

Non working pros speaking on nothing they know of..... This attitude online definitely needs to stop, especially when enthusiasts such as yourself do not respect professionals being paid for their work and putting out great projects. I would like to see someone here put together a project this fast with more than likely a minimal budget and pressed for time. Acting was not the best, but overall I would say it was a pretty good project and definitely showed what can be done with this camera.

Non working pros speaking on nothing they know of..... This attitude online definitely needs to stop, especially when enthusiasts such as yourself do not respect professionals being paid for their work and putting out great projects. I would like to see someone here put together a project this fast with more than likely a minimal budget and pressed for time. Acting was not the best, but overall I would say it was a pretty good project and definitely showed what can be done with this camera.

​Haha. Get a grip, mate.

I didn't say the DoP's work was shit. I said the "C300 MKII looks shit" - the colours, the motion-cadence, the highlight roll-off. Don't put words in my mouth. You're trying to teach me a lesson in respect by disrespecting me? How sophisticated and wise of you. Get off your moral high-horse.

And, well, hmmm, I dunno, "J.F.R", but I like to consider myself a "professional". Yeah, I didn't go to filmschool, nor am I apart of any cinematography society, but I think my portfolio in my signature speaks for itself. Or, perhaps you're right and all those famous musicians and their management teams are wrong for hiring me - cause, I mean, after all, according to you, I'm a "non working pro" - just an "enthusiast" that knows nothing, right?

Move along.

​Haha. Get a grip, mate.
I didn't say the DoP's work was shit. I said the "C300 MKII looks shit"

​And here I am about to confess that I don't like anything Tattersall has ever shot... >_>

There is no obligation on the part of a critic to "do better" or "walk the walk"--only an understanding of the form and the craft. Siskel and Ebert were not even trained in film theory, but no one can deny that they were extraordinary critics. You can't put down someone's honest opinion on a work of art just because they aren't as much of a "professional" as you (purportedly) are. Every artist takes the risk that someone may not like their work every time they create something. I find nothing inappropriate about Simon's critique of the work, especially not when most of the board seems to concur.

You're judging the L series lenses, not the camera.  The use of modern canon lenes is the reason it looks like video, not cinema.  Weak acting doesn't help things.

Thank you! I don't think people realize just how un-cinematic Canon L glass is, but MAN does it make for plasticky images.

​Haha. Get a grip, mate.
I didn't say the DoP's work was shit. I said the "C300 MKII looks shit" - the colours, the motion-cadence, the highlight roll-off. Don't put words in my mouth. You're trying to teach me a lesson in respect by disrespecting me? How sophisticated and wise of you. Get off your moral high-horse.

And, well, hmmm, I dunno, "J.F.R", but I like to consider myself a "professional". Yeah, I didn't go to filmschool, nor am I apart of any cinematography society, but I think my portfolio in my signature speaks for itself. Or, perhaps you're right and all those famous musicians and their management teams are wrong for hiring me - cause, I mean, after all, according to you, I'm a "non working pro" - just an "enthusiast" that knows nothing, right?

Move along.

​You have no idea what you're talking about, any kid with a DSLR can film an event and claim it as something, lets be realistic here.

There's NOTHING special about what you have in any of your videos, just descent enthusiast projects. Now for the working class who really get paid to work I suggest you sit back and relax, you might learn something......

My problem is people who don't even make a living in this industry commenting all day claiming this camera this and this camera that, lets be realistic here and start respecting working professionals in this industry. 

​You have no idea what you're talking about, any kid with a DSLR can film an event and claim it as something, lets be realistic here.

There's NOTHING special about what you have in any of your videos, just descent enthusiast projects. Now for the working class who really get paid to work I suggest you sit back and relax, you might learn something......

My problem is people who don't even make a living in this industry commenting all day claiming this camera this and this camera that, lets be realistic here and start respecting working professionals in this industry. 

​Yeah, how dare we have opinions!

Bunch of slackers and amateurs...

​Your problem? Your problem is being a major prick. That's what your problem is. You're going to define my entire life, my entire career, from the random shit I've uploaded to my Vimeo channel - something I haven't even used in over a year? You think someone's Vimeo channel is the be all and end all of what makes them a "professional"? Are you that friggin' daft?

Who the f**k are you to condescend me? To tell me I have "no idea what I'm taking about"? To call me "kid"? To tell me that I might "learn something"? To say the small amount of work I have shared is "NOTHING"? Huh? Who the f**k are you to cut me down and burn me like that? You arrogant prick.

99% of the work I do for major artists can't even be shared on Vimeo. I'm under contract, you daft f**k. I don't own the footage. I can't share it, no matter how good it looks and how bad I want to show it off.

Whatever. F**k it. You just keep doing your thing, J.F.R. Keep being a major, hypocritical wanker. Keep condescending and character-assassinating others based on a handful of words and Vimeo uploads. Nothing but another friggin' keyboard warrior.

​I am a working professional. The highlights on the camera have a nasty roll off, it's plain as day. The camera has a videoey look like the C300. It depends on what your aesthetics are regarding a cinematic image, at the moment this camera doesn't fulfil mine.