Help: anyone has the GH444 file by Thomas?

Aragonnarun

Hey guys,

I got a GH4 recently and tried to play with the 4K feature and found this thread. http://www.eoshd.com/comments/topic/5426-mac-app-to-resample-gh4-8-bit-420-to-10-bit-444/

It's really interesting and great news to GH4 users. However, when I tried to download the file provided by Thomas, the mediafire link already expired. 

I'm wondering if any of you still have the GH444 app and could share with all the GH4 explorers here again on EOSHD?

Thanks in advance. ;=]

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

Just put the 4K footage on a 1080p timeline and render out at ProRes 444 or DNxHD 444. Or transcode to the mentioned codecs with the MPEG STREAMCLIP free before ingesting.  Anyway, it's been known for a while now that working with native 8bit 4k files (grading) is the best way, no prior transcoding to 1080p will give better quality, just render out after grading the 4k files to prores/dnx 1080p after editing/colouring to preserve as much as possible from the native files.

Just put the 4K footage on a 1080p timeline and render out at ProRes 444 or DNxHD 444. Or transcode to the mentioned codecs with the MPEG STREAMCLIP free before ingesting.  Anyway, it's been known for a while now that working with native 8bit 4k files (grading) is the best way, no prior transcoding to 1080p will give better quality, just render out after grading the 4k files to prores/dnx 1080p after editing/colouring to preserve as much as possible from the native files.

​Thanks Ebrahim! I'm going to climb some mountains this weekend and try it out. 

• 1 year later...