Note on FM and Rectilux "advertising"

Andrew Reid

• Administrators

Some may wonder why I locked the FM and Rectilux threads set up by Cosimo and John.

Cosimo is publicising a product and John is publicising his solution.

From now on I want to hear from the users only.

If you are an FM owner or a Rectilux owner feel free to post your own threads.

I am not going to allow Anamorphic Shop themselves or John to set up their own threads as EOSHD is not an advertising platform and I cannot vouch for the quality of either solution. In fact I have heavy doubts about both of them. The Rectilux is unproven. The FM, I tried and didn't like the image.

I also feel these two threads divert a lot of attention away from actual anamorphic lenses and better solutions.

These threads were being bumped by the people behind the products on a weekly, sometimes even daily basis.

Furthermore some of the behaviour of the people behind these products has been very sour for the atmosphere of the forum and in personal emails to me, which is unacceptable.

Just to be clear, the subject isn't taboo and I certainly don't want to censor actual users. Just the salesmen.

John and Cosimo, I wish you all the best for the future with your solutions. Now it's over to the users.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hey Andrew,

Just a quick one, did you actually try the FM then? I remember you've been waiting for a Schneider Cinelux to pair it up with, but that didn't happen or something and you couldn't do a review.