Samsung NX1 Firmware Updating Method

Steve M.

Thought this to be pretty interesting and something I wasn't aware of. What isn't clear is can you downgrade a FW if you use ilauncher? Although this doesn't state it will, it certainly reads that way. I've always used the manual method of updating, and I'd like to know what's the difference in methods of using ilauncher vs manual method?

Is your Samsung NX / NX Mini camera and lens up-to-date?

The current firmware version is 1.22.

Manual upgrade is very easy to perform! First, download this file. If it's a .zip file, unzip it. Then, place the resulting .bin file in the topmost folder of your memory card. Next, ensure that your camera has been fully charged, then choose relevant option from the menu to update your camera/lens firmware.

Please note that you won't be able to downgrade firmware of your camera/lens by following this procedure!

Please also note that the firmware file has been directly provided by Samsung - I do not host any firmware files!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I talked with Samsung, and if what he says is true, you're right, you can't downgrade no matter what method you use to upgrade a FW, only an authorized Samsung dealer can downgrade a FW. He also told me there is no difference between using ilauncher or the manual method for an update. Don't know why all of Samsung's printed material is so adamant about the use of ilauncher, when in fact, it's not even needed.