John in Slo Motion - Sony F35 into odyssey 7q+ - 12 bit dpx and 60 FPS -

Ed_David

Hey guess what - let me make

1.  a test video

2. make it in slo motion!!!

http://vimeo.com/123435623

thanks to convergent design - now you can go 60 FPS into their odyssey 7q - and plus - this makes it such a small camera to do this - no giant recorder anymore

this is amazing news....for the 6 people who own the f35!!!  so it can do 12 bit dpx files RGB and 60 FPS in 1080p - do you need much more than that out of a camera - with CCD, global shutter, and all this for under 8k!!!

well the lighting is crap - but hey, it's the sony f35 via dual link into the odyssey 7q in 60 FPS!! HOW ABOUT THAT??? 50mm sony lens.

look at that noise - that's the f35 - not adding film grain - noisy - 
so everyone please expose your footage correctly!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hi Ed,

Bit of an off topic, but what is the essential kit you need to make the F35 up and running? And how do you connect the 7Q to it?

​I am the king of off topic!

Just f35, v mount adapter in the back, d tap to 4 pix xlr to hook up to interface box and the odyssey 7q - and you are good to go

2 hd-sdi cables into the odyssey 7q and boom you are done.

so it's about 10 lbs - you have an amazing monitor and recorder and just a top handle on it

if you are serious email me at ed.david@gmail.com I can help you find the camera on ebay and boom go for it.

Hey Ed, thanks for the help!

Right now I just keep my eyes open, maybe a good offer will show up here in the UK. I remember seeing an F35 for about £3k half a year ago. I guess that's not too bad.

Also the NAB is so close now.. Will see. :)

But I just love how this camera feels like, picture-wise and ergonomics too. Anything that has a similar built costs 50k+ and this thing reminds me of an old 35mm camera in every way, for much less. Although if it breaks, you won't be able to find an easy or cheap way to repair it. I'm wondering if there's anyone who could do that nowadays.

Hey Ed, thanks for the help!

Right now I just keep my eyes open, maybe a good offer will show up here in the UK. I remember seeing an F35 for about £3k half a year ago. I guess that's not too bad.

Also the NAB is so close now.. Will see. :)

But I just love how this camera feels like, picture-wise and ergonomics too. Anything that has a similar built costs 50k+ and this thing reminds me of an old 35mm camera in every way, for much less. Although if it breaks, you won't be able to find an easy or cheap way to repair it. I'm wondering if there's anyone who could do that nowadays.

​that's why i bought 2 of them.  also they are built like tanks.  yes that's the risk.  but waiting for the next great thing at NAB - it takes about 2 years after NAB for that said camera to get it's firmware fixes out of the way.

let's look at the stars from last 2014 NAB- the AJA Cion and the Blackmagic URSA - both are barely mentioned nowadays.  The Cion is a heavy brick with 9 stops it seems of dynamic range and 350 ASA - the URSA another giant brick.

so just buy old and proven tech.

Yep, I see where you come from, and it makes sense.

I have two BMPCC's actually, because of the infamously wonky HDMI port which can't be replaced.

The Cion is a disappointment but the URSA might be able to pack a punch later on with a better sensor, but the weight crosses it off my list anyway.

I'm a patient guy. :) Let's see that Panasonic AF101 replacement and the rest, but whatever Blackmagic has up in their sleeve, I wouldn't buy it within 6 months for sure. The Pocket is a great camera. A year after the release..