Short Film On Black Magic Cinema 4K

enny

I know this camera has some issues but what camera does not i am seriously considering after watching this film it what comes out of this camera is dam beautiful. I been watching some shorts filmed on red cameras and side by side i really love black magic 4k it has this film fell to it i really cant put my finger on it.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

it was shot on the cinema camera according to the director:

"Lens choice was mainly old nikon primes (ais). Love their look and feel. I used the BMCC 2,5k mft model with a speed booster. So for the wider stuff I used the sigma 18-35mm 1,8, which I think is one of the best lenses in low-budget filmmaking."

Lights mainly HMI (2x 575, 1x 1,2kw) - some LED's for the night exterior stuff. Also some tungsten for interior (in the cabin).

Outside we worked mainly with reflectors which worked well.

Lenses - old Nikon AIS primes.. i love those..

Camera - Blackmagic Cinema Camera with MFT and Speedbooster. For the aerials we used a pocket.

Source: http://www.cinematography.com/index.php?showtopic=66581&p=425881

Irrefutable proof that the Cinema Camera and Pocket Cinema Camera produce the best picture under $2000. Lighting and composition are the cornerstones to producing filmic work. So is grading. 13 stops of RAW is an incredible canvas and medium to work with.

The counter arguments to these cameras are so laughable. It all comes down to effort. These cameras are "hard" to work with because they take just a little more time to work with. What's ironic is that producing filmic works always takes a little more effort. If you're not constantly chasing for that extra little bit, you're producing schlock. If a camera makes X easy, then you should be tackling Y. No camera should let you settle. This work isn't easy.

interesting

it was shot on the cinema camera according to the director:

"Lens choice was mainly old nikon primes (ais). Love their look and feel. I used the BMCC 2,5k mft model with a speed booster. So for the wider stuff I used the sigma 18-35mm 1,8, which I think is one of the best lenses in low-budget filmmaking."

That opening shot was so beautiful and really set the tone for the film. Fantastic.

I have been watching alot of BMPC videos of late, trying to work out whether to buy one or wait for NAB.... I wonder if the global shutter has something to do with the filmic feel of all the pieces I see. I has a certain mojo, no doubt about it and the DR seems very good still.

That opening shot was so beautiful and really set the tone for the film. Fantastic.

I have been watching alot of BMPC videos of late, trying to work out whether to buy one or wait for NAB.... I wonder if the global shutter has something to do with the filmic feel of all the pieces I see. I has a certain mojo, no doubt about it and the DR seems very good still.

​This was shot on the Regular Cinema Camera, no global shutter, just clean motion.