Quick shot testing the a7s lowlight capabilities

jase

I got my a7s now a couple of weeks and i decided to make a quick lowlight test while doing a workout outdoor. All shot using the Canon EF 35 f2.0 IS (what an awesome lens for run&gunners!), arround 20.000 ISO, Cine2 with Pro and some neatvideo magic, otherwise untouched. God i am in love with that camera. Still much to learn, tho.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Mh, please help me out since I would love to learn. In my tests I found that setting the ISO higher than 20k would yield into too much noise. Setting was 1080p / 60fps. In which regard would you advice me to change the exposure?

Mh, please help me out since I would love to learn. In my tests I found that setting the ISO higher than 20k would yield into too much noise. Setting was 1080p / 60fps. In which regard would you advice me to change the exposure?

​Don't worry so much about the iso and look more at the exposure meter on your camera. If shooting in log overexpose by at least 1 stop, if shooting in any other profile (not log) then expose about a quarter less then proper exposure. I've shot perfectly clean 50-100k iso images and didn't really notice noise until after 100k, but up until at least 50k iso it's perfectly clean in Full Frame mode.

Remember the camera can do in noise reduction, I generally think it works great as it only kicks in when it needs it. I would easily push the iso to 50k and have perfectly clean image.

I shot this video around 100K iso at night (indoor train scene) and the intro shots and last final shots (night) of the video were around 200K iso (which is the max I would use)

Peace