Anamorphic Newbie - Seeking Advice

SutterCane

Hello all, I actually joined this forum particularly to discuss anamorphic shooting as it's been a big help in my quest for a good anamorphic lens (even though sadly the forums were down when I actually made an anamorphic purchase).

I would like some advice regarding this lens, I'm a bit of a dolt when it comes to anamorphics to please bare with me. I've done my research, naturally, but when it came to finally purchasing this lens on ebay, I discovered I'm still very much in the dark.

The lens I have purchased is picture below.

First off, this sucker is WAY bigger than anything I'd anticipated, it just arrived a few moments ago and I'm still coming to terms with that realization. I've already ordered a vid-atlantic XL clamp for it too.

I'm a DSLR guy (duh) working with a T3i. Is anybody familiar with this lens? Can anybody recommend a lens-support that would be appropriate for this? Have I made the wrong decision altogether?

The reason I'd purchased this one was:

1) Because the quality of the lens was nice

2) Because, while the info on this listing's page on ebay was rather skimpy, I DID manage to find another user selling an identical lens which had a greater amount of detail on the compatibility of the lens and image results, as well as what vid-atlantic clamps would be optimal to purchase for it.

Neither listing had prepared me for the size of this thing. I was expecting something a little closer to the Isco Ultra Star in terms size. This thing is at least twice the size of my camera. Looking through the lens though, the glass is nice and it's got me giddy with excitement looking at the anamorphic squeeze it's giving me. 

I'm just a little caught off guard by the bigness, and since the clamp is not here yet I'm sitting here with a lens that, while it looks as though some sort of clamp or adapter would bridge the gap, I'm still absolutely lost as to whether or not it's practical to use this.

So yeah, anybody with experience with this lens? Any good lens support tips? Have I made the wrong decision? I'm just awash with conflicting feelings at the moment and would like some sort of advice as to what to do with this big guy from someone with some more experience.

$_57.JPG

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I own one shortly with the word Germany.  I don't know whether is the same type.  Never get chance to test.  It has red reflection with its MC coatings, looks it has red flare. But I did not mount it to test.  I think this lens is similar to other popular ISCO integrated lens.  But the lock is not easy to control.   And might not be as wide as others.  So I gave up.

Yeah, the reason I didn't put a name to this is I'm unsure exactly what the correct designation is. The seller called it a "Cinelux" but I don't see that word applied anywhere to the lens. The identical one I found on another ebay listed that I referred in to in my previous post doesn't use the word "cinelux" either, so I'm not sure if that's the correct designation or if it's a difference in release date. Same with the "Germany" thing, which I've been told, like "Gottingen" appears on some and not on others entirely due to where it was manufactured and when.

Anywho, I did a really haphazard test a few moments ago. I screwed the lens on my tripod with a mount that came with it and then lined up my camera (with Helios 44-2) to the rear shade that was also sent with the it. Meaning I was shooting handheld into the anamorphic. The shots are blurry, but given the haphazard nature, I'm growing more enthusiastic about being able to use this in the future.

Well I think I'm gonna be selling my lens as it's way too big and honestly does nothing for me. Now even more evident with the vid-atlantic clamp. 

I'd have to buy step-down rings and a rail system and honestly I don't want to be spending more money on this guy. 

That said, does anybody have any recommendations for what lens WOULD be suitable for me? Should I just save up for the Anamorphot? Should I buy a different projector lens? 

my rig 12 ft to infinity forcu dam nice and sharp lens not to sharp like video has a fell to it like film i can put 35mm and up is it heavy not relly once you get use to it i am not after look how cool my rig is as you can see my rig is ghetto it does the job but i am after image. The image i get from this baby is dam nice and sharp i wen through many anamorphic lenses sankors iscos gold ones but they wore to sharp like broadcast news or do soft like sankor. They say dont use big lenses but i say if you are on budget and don't have 3000 to 7000 for Iscorama the by all mean go with big lens my lens as as good as those expensive ones even better but if you dont mind size and close focus then by all mean go with big lens

1267851_10153295470175080_2071526739_o.jpg

10403621_10154437680090080_5068646590477427745_n.jpg