Dell U2410 Relly good Monitor

enny

Hi guys there is much talk about camera gear but what i don't hear is monitor or what we use, which is as important or even more when it comes to final output. What i learned so far properly calibrated monitor is critical for color correction of our short films, music videos or what ever even for web. I know that dedicated color monitor are expensive ranging from $4000 like FSI monitors to Dolby PRM-4220 40 to 50k. I can be technology junkie and properly calibrated monitor is really important to me, i have Dell Ultra sharp u2410 10 bit ccfl for the past few days i have been trying to calibrate this monitor as close to REC 709 for HD and color correcting as possible and so far results have been really good you can only calibrate this monitor in standard mode since custom mode is broken and does not give you accurate colors, but problem with standard mode it does not give you access to RGB controls which is really important. There is way around this by accessing those controls via factory settings which is awesome. I have dispcalGUI and Argyll Color Management System which is free and i1 display pro from xrite. After calibrating to Rec 709 color space i was thinking is my monitor really calibrated or close to it. Answer is YES i used free trail of Calman Studio color checker Analysis to see if my monitor is calibrated properly to REC709 and to my surprise my colors measurement  points in Delta E2000 chart are well below acceptable requirements in CIE1976 chart color looking triangle my premieres green, blue and red all fall in to that square which is a target for REC 709 if it is outside of triangle then its a problem also dots in side a square are color checker points and as you can see they all fall within the square or acceptable range The Green buttons in image My avg delta E is 1 where pro monitor is hitting 0.8 and my Max delta e is 1.9 where pro monitor is 1.7

I have provided 2 images one is my Dell calibrated and other one is LG flatron if you compare images you can see deltae2000 are way off and CIE1976 chart color is all over the place i have calibrated both monitor 4 times and result is the same dell monitor can be bought now for 300 dollars where i paid 600. Stay withing 24 inch because anything bigger color tend to shift since there is more real estate space Most of the pro monitors like FSI are 24 inch and below except Dolby PRM-4220 40 inch but at 40k you also get dolby technician to cone after 3000 hours to calibrate it which is not cheap

Again i am not a pro but to me my colors specially in resolve color looks so good, blacks are black and not gray

Thanks guys

IMG_6167.JPG

bad.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs