Nx1 4k h.265 4096 x 2160 to 4k editiable solution for Windows

Ted Benjamin Williams

Hey guys / gals,

I am Windows PC based running Premiere CS 6.

I just got the NX1 yesterday.  Took it out last night and did some test shots @ 4096 x 2160.

I used Wondershare and did the 4k mp4 option.  After conversion, Premiere would not give me video, just green screen and it played the audio.

I tried the Rock Mountains Movie conversion, to Pro Res HQ and it gave me 2048 x 1080.  Looks good even @ 1600 iso. 

My question is, how can I convert h.265 to a format in which I can edit in Adobe Premiere CS 6, to output 4k video.

Is there a way I can output the 2048 x 1080 I have to 4096 x 2160, or is that not even an option?

Should I explore another video editor for the time being?

Very new to 4k and just need the simplest work flow possible for delivering full 4k resolution.

I've attached a screen shot from premiere with the 2048 x 1080 file from my time line.  Shot with a Rokinon 85mm 1.4 @ 1600 iso. 

Thanks.

SAM_0002_2048x1080_ProRes_HQ_20150227_010157.mov.Still001.png

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

When you convert your 4K footage in Rocky Mountain, make sure you select "Same as Source" for the resolution rather than 1080p.  That way, your ProRes output will be 4k and will edit nicely in premier.  

You can also use the Samsung converter to convert to H.264 4K, which edits fine in Premier.

Use Rocky Mountain Movie Converter! Set resolution to "same as source", select "h.264", set quality to "20", and select "fast convert". Your files will look great, be just as small as the h.265 clip, and run super nice in any editing software. You just aren't going to be able to push the grade like you can if you used prores. But it's a nice option I think. Pretty much on par with canon dslr compression.

Use Rocky Mountain Movie Converter! Set resolution to "same as source", select "h.264", set quality to "20", and select "fast convert". Your files will look great, be just as small as the h.265 clip, and run super nice in any editing software. You just aren't going to be able to push the grade like you can if you used prores. But it's a nice option I think. Pretty much on par with canon dslr compression.

​I'm sorry but this is not true. They may be as small, but they will not hold up to any level of grading whatsoever.