which encoding standard use professional videomakers in 2015?

Dan Wake

I wish to ask to professional video makers. if you do the work for a school, for example the Christmas Concert. Wich support will you use to give the final work to the parents?
will it be in DVD video format? blu ray? DVD Data with a HD file + SD version of the same work?
Which format will you use and for which kind work in general? thx.
I ask this because in my country some video makers said to me to give my works in DVD Video, because many people can read it. But I refuse to do it, because I wish to give my works on a dvd data containing 2 versions: HD (h264 1080p) and SD (xvid or divx 720x400), to please all.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Consider a USB drive as well. We're living in a time where more and more people are getting netbooks/ultrabooks without a physical drive. Also, pc towers will for sure have a USB port and so do DVD or Bluray players these days. So I'd say if you want to deliver something physical, get them a USB drive?

If you want 'em to give it physically at all that is. You can host the file online and give them access to the server. Or rather yet, make it publicly availlable on a site like Vimeo/YouTube? People wanting to show it whilst visiting their grandma can show it on their smartphone. It's 2015. That's sadly how the average consumer goes about sharing clips and watching video.

Consider a USB drive as well. We're living in a time where more and more people are getting netbooks/ultrabooks without a physical drive. Also, pc towers will for sure have a USB port and so do DVD or Bluray players these days. So I'd say if you want to deliver something physical, get them a USB drive?

If you want 'em to give it physically at all that is. You can host the file online and give them access to the server. Or rather yet, make it publicly availlable on a site like Vimeo/YouTube? People wanting to show it whilst visiting their grandma can show it on their smartphone. It's 2015. That's sadly how the average consumer goes about sharing clips and watching video.

​thaks for advice but the problem is that they pay 5 euros for a copy (DVD), if I give it to one people they will probably not pay me. and they will probably copy the files for free each others. I do not know if it would be like this.

edit.

do you mean should I ask for anticipate money? and give them the link for the download page? but is this a professional standard?

thx

Yeah, it's not really a professional standard by any means, but pitching a tv pilot to several networks or getting a school performance out to parents I think are pretty much two different things you could approach in different ways distributing wise.

If you need to sell a product, making a DVD availlable for purchase is probably the best accepted and most anticipated way to do so and the most controlled one as well. About copying... That probably can be said for just about every means of distributing. Although you're more likely get people to share a single videofile than when the source is a couple of VIDEO_TS-like folders. True that.