Secret negotiations between Samsung and blackhat group...

Brian Luce

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I don't buy it, sorry Brian. Why would Samsung work with them? Does Samsung have an inferiority complex? I would think their engineers do have ego's and they are proud of what they have created, I mean they make everything on their own for their cameras.

And dude, like Andrew said, we need sources/links....something!

Don't leave us hanging Brian :)

these were the very first guys I would hire, first because you could not find any better, second to stop working them for your competitor and that even for free

I hope it's true, they should have earned much more respect, imagine what they could have achieved if not old conservative managers in Tokyo holed up in their kamikaze approach to whom belongs the raw codec, the firmware and the mostly horrible UI

Take Nikon as an example - holly moly, what a mess alone with their own proprietary raw-encoder. Enjoy the D810, the world's most advantaged 36 mio jpg-only body, instead of worldclass working shareware, LOL

any risk? No, let people built their own firmware on their own risk and if they brick their bodies, it increases only your salaries by repairing it. :-)

I will believe it when I see it, Samsung needs a group of hackers to provide extra features on a camera? Taking Canon as an example it looks more to me that the features are already there at the start but it's the manufacturer who decides which features will be unlocked and it's the ML team that has unlocked doors that Canon did not want to be opened.

I will believe it when I see it, Samsung needs a group of hackers to provide extra features on a camera? Taking Canon as an example it looks more to me that the features are already there at the start but it's the manufacturer who decides which features will be unlocked and it's the ML team that has unlocked doors that Canon did not want to be opened.

Yeah, they don't need ML for extra features. However, with ML you can draw a lot more attention.

It's possible.... Samsung already know the power of 3rd party devs through their TVs and phones. They will be thoroughly testing any apps that 3rd parties make though, so don't expect anything that could potential brick the camera, like raw on the canons.

I'll be getting my dev to look at the SDK, as soon as it is out, that is for sure.