Trailer for movie shot on gh3/gh4

Desi Lekanudos

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I should add this is not a feature length. Probably closer to 20-30 minutes. Still in the process of editing and only half way through.

Also, I'm just the editor and cinematographer. It was written and directed by another fellow. I collaborated with blocking and some direction when requested or absolutely required.  

The main thing that sticks out to me is that it seems like there's a lot of shots framed on the actor's talking. I know this is a weird thing to say. But try giving more screen time to the facial expressions reacting to the other character's speech (if you have that footage of course). Otherwise it starts to look a bit soap-ish.

Some the framing I believe could be improved. There's a few too many close-ups. And people's backsides facing the camera, as if the other character is talking to an anonymous butt. Maybe next time put the camera over the shoulder of the guy that's standing up.

Finally I might be mistaken but it looks this was filmed with the Panasonic 12-35mm f2.8. In future I would use a more cinematic lens on a speed booster.

I'm not a professional by any means so take my advise with a grain of salt :)

The main thing that sticks out to me is that it seems like there's a lot of shots framed on the actor's talking. I know this is a weird thing to say. But try giving more screen time to the facial expressions reacting to the other character's speech (if you have that footage of course). Otherwise it starts to look a bit soap-ish.

Some the framing I believe could be improved. There's a few too many close-ups. And people's backsides facing the camera, as if the other character is talking to an anonymous butt. Maybe next time put the camera over the shoulder of the guy that's standing up.

Finally I might be mistaken but it looks this was filmed with the Panasonic 12-35mm f2.8. In future I would use a more cinematic lens on a speed booster.

I'm not a professional by any means so take my advise with a grain of salt :)

Cool. ​thanks for giving it a look. I should note it's going for a tone of an older movie. More of a 90s indie type look. All those changes would improve it, but the intention was flaws.  That may sound a little like bs but having a broken image was intentional during shooting., people  barely hanging in frame, shadows and hotspots. Still appreciate the honest feedback. 

I know that you were going for a bit of a rough look but I really think it's neither here nor there. It looks too clean and is framed too well to look flawed. Yet doesnt look good enough to be filmic. I would suggest for a flawed look, check out It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. Great show, pretty much shot on a handicam (at least the early episodes) :) 

Again, just giving my thoughts. Sorry if its coming across rude or anything! The work isnt bad, it just could be better.

I know that you were going for a bit of a rough look but I really think it's neither here nor there. It looks too clean and is framed too well to look flawed. Yet doesnt look good enough to be filmic. I would suggest for a flawed look, check out It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. Great show, pretty much shot on a handicam (at least the early episodes) :) 

Again, just giving my thoughts. Sorry if its coming across rude or anything! The work isnt bad, it just could be better.

​I really appreciate the opinion. I think the 'neither here or there' is a good assessment. I think some of the shots at f2.8 on the tokina 11-16 really pull you out the filmic look. Def there are things to improve upon on the next shoot.