Medicinal product and whisky in a short: legal problems?

JazzBox

Hallo!

I'm going to film a short: in some scenes the protagonist take famous medicine and drink a well known whisky.  

Do you think it is legal to film the real medicine boxes and a bottle of that whisky or could I have a problem with the companies? Do I need some permits? 

Thank you very much! :)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

You know what. It totally depends. Strictly speaking, you would need permission. If it's a well known brand (medicine) and you are showing it in bad light then they could object. Also depends on which country you are in and where you intend to show the short.

​Thank you! :)

It's not real a bad light: it's some scene we need to shoot in order to show the character's life, that is a 40 years old man a little depressed and very rock&roll.... :)
Of course it is not bad in our intentions but I asked because it's better to change a little the screenplay then paying some lawyers ;)

Why not make a fake label for the whiskey and use similar looking alternative to the famous medicine you speak of, if it is what I am inferring it is. That way you should have nothing to worry about.

​That's a great idea! For the whisky it's simple, for the box I'm going to work a little more, but that's definitely THE idea! :)
Huge thanks!!!