NX1 exposure drift problem FIX

DigitalEd

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I have to agree with the others Ed. That looks like exposure drift to me.

I mean just look at the tripod shot for example. When you pan back from the window you can see the tripod's dark areas going from being quite visible to not so visible.  That's not blooming. 

As you say it's unusual for a camera to overexposure in brighter scenes.  But auto screen brightness will brighten screens in brighter areas.  So I guess somehow for whatever reason the camera gets confused about screen brightness and exposure.  

It's a horrible issue still, for me the camera is unusable in video mode.

​90% of my shots (and i shot hours) are free of this bug. It only happened to me in a few weird lighting situation ( in a white lab shooting someone with a white gown). I just redid the shot a few times it was ok.

so I dont think it makes this camera "unusable". I am more concerned about aliasikg for instance. ( might keep my gh4 just for those shots that could cause aliasing).

For normal shooting i see no effect at all.. Like i pointed out for the tests this was so extreme any camera will have this blooming effect. The Only other camera i have to test with right now is the a Nikon Pro photo camera and with the same setting it blooms the image out to. 

If you read about camera chip blooming it is when the camera sensor can not take the brightness of the light like when shooting at F1.8 shutter speed 30 to 40 into bright light the Sensor overloads and the light pattern spreads and can fluctuate on the sensor creating this blooming effect and it has nothing to do with the camera exposure setting it is a limit on what a chip can handle every camera that uses a chip has this problem some handle it better then others the NX1 is handling it just fine.

I shot a lot yesterday out side and under a tent with super bight sunlight all outside of the tent shooting inside the tent and panning around i have no problem at all even with the very bright light outside blasting in but i was not at F1.8 it would not make sense to be at F1.8 or 2.8 unless i used a strong ND filter. I did use a ND for some of my outside shots in the bight sunlight.

Also got in my Nikon adapter and used my Nikon 24x120 F4 lens and i can see right away on playing back the video My Nikon lens is sharper then the Samsung 16x50 2.8.

I will post the video at some point have a lot to edit and i did all hand held and some of that was not so steady at 120mm i have a new tripod that should be here in a day or so I am still building out my NX1 rig have all ready spent a good 5k on it all, Camera Lens, Nikon adapter, Eduis Software and still coming in good Tripod, Follow focus with hard stops and Whip, two more lens, Custom Shoulder rig and cage i am making using parts i am buying so i can shoot on shoulder and be hands free when not shooting or mount it on a tripod or hand hold it for low or fast camera moving shots, Led screen Finder eye cover, On camera Mike, Extra battery's, More hard drives for the video, Zoom pull stick, More ND filters for other lens. I think this is a good start.

@neosushi I see it in most of my shots, so to me it is unusable. Will have to check the new unit out in the open, though when my new Nikon adapter arrives (don't like the Sammy lenses, either).

What the deactivation of the Auto Brightness definitely fixes: the EVF doesn't show these exciting flashes any more when the exposure shifts.

@neosushi I see it in most of my shots, so to me it is unusable. Will have to check the new unit out in the open, though when my new Nikon adapter arrives (don't like the Sammy lenses, either).

What the deactivation of the Auto Brightness definitely fixes: the EVF doesn't show these exciting flashes any more when the exposure shifts.

​I got my Nikon Adapter in and shot video with my Nikon 24-120 F4 lens it looks to be sharper then the Samsung 16x50 2.8 but now i can not get the Adapter off my Nikon lens its stuck on it. it is a Fotasy Adapter

Just tested it, no real change. It might not be in every shot, but every fourth or fifth is enough for me. Not into playing lottery with the camera. Auto Brightness and all auto stuff off, shot in manual:

http://vimeo.com/116527828

​I can not reproduce that on any of the two NX1s i have. I am sending one back tomorrow i am keeping the first one with the 16x50 2.8 kit i do not need two of them,  I have found problems with the 45mm 1,8  lens it will not auto focus at all many times on some thin items with the focus point right on it. Would not focus on a spider web, would not focus on a flower bush, would not focus on small berry's on a vine, Would not focus on a tag with words on it, Put the 16x50 on it and it focused on all the same items right away.

​I got my Nikon Adapter in and shot video with my Nikon 24-120 F4 lens it looks to be sharper then the Samsung 16x50 2.8 but now i can not get the Adapter off my Nikon lens its stuck on it. it is a Fotasy Adapter

​Tried putting it back onto the camera and then removing the lens? Much easier that way.

​I can not reproduce that on any of the two NX1s i have.

​you keep saying that while the example video you showed proves otherwise, everyone is seeing the problem except you :) For me it's clear, there is something going on with this camera that is not supposed to happen.

Just tried that and still can not get the adapter off the lens.. The silver button dose not push in or pull out. Not sure what to do.

Try sliding the button toward the camera and hold it there, while turning the lens clockwise.

Tupp   Yes after playing with it more last night i was able to get it off and then after looking at how it works you are right sliding the button toward the camera is what needs to be done. Me and two others all tried to get it off and none of us pushed the button toward the camera we kept trying to push or pull the button up or down.

Now it works going on and off as it should. I know it had some paperwork with it but my wife had cleaned up and tossed it out i guess it would of pointed out this on the paper. All good now.

I know it had some paperwork with it but my wife had cleaned up and tossed it out i guess it would of pointed out this on the paper. All good now.

"​I know it had some paperwork with it but my wife had cleaned up and tossed it out i guess it would have pointed out this on the paper. All good now."

would've not would of.

Just doing my part to rid the world of this abomination

I think it's apparent that this shift is not happening on all Samsung NX1's, some have it and others do not. I guess we can all hope the firmware update remedies the situation.

​Who is NOT getting the exposure drift? I thought it was universal. People with two cams are getting the issue on both rigs.