MustHD Monitors. Anyone?

Tim Naylor

So I've been kitting out a Ronin package for full on set work, from DSLR to Epics to Sony F55's, indies to full commercials. The Ronin is the cheap part. To do this right you need numerous components namely: wireless HD feed, wireless follow focus and monitors. For wireless HD feed I'm using Paralinx Arrrow 3: one transmitter and three receivers. It's a great deal for what it does and perhaps the best option for gimbals. I use one receiver for the Ronin Op's monitor, the other for the AC and the third for 2nd camera remote op/client monitor feed. The Ronin monitor must be small and lightweight, so I settled for an F&V 4.3". My old DP 6 will go to the AC. As I'd still like to eat out on occasion, I'm looking for that bargain for 2nd op monitor. It needs to be: 1280x720p minimally, 300 nits, batt op, HDMI in/SDI out (to feed to client monitors). I stumbled upon MustHD. Does anyone have any experience with them? Their prices are unbelievable. The compromise being plastic. As this monitor will never be on a camera but more likely around someone's neck or on a table, the plastic should be OK. The feature set looks great. If anyone has experience with this monitor please tell. Thanks.

http://www.musthd.com/products/7-inch-musthd-1280800-video-assist-field-monitor-with-hdmi-input-output-focus-assist-false-color-77.html

• 3 weeks later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I bought the 7" had I monitor to use on my d800.  To me, it seemed good for the price. What I mean is colour was ok, resolution and sharpness was good.  The built in hood was actually really good.  The contrast based focus assist was hard to see.  Focusing a d800 was definitely easier with this monitor, but still not nearly as easy as the peaking on a gh4 or a7s built in screen.   Shipping to Canada was extremely quick from China, service was also very good. All that said, am sending it back as me and my wife decided to sell our d800's. With my new a7s I won't need the musthd. She gets a new d4s for stills... Somehow I feel like she got the sweet end of the deal...