C/Y to Eos adapter too tight!

Daniel Acuña

Hi,

I just purchased my Gx7 with a Focal reducer (canon EF to MFT) and then I bought an adapter (C/Y to Eos) for my Zeiss glass but when I mount the lens to the Focal reducer it's very tight, I don't know if it is normal and I am scared of breaking something.

Have you had this problem? Will the metal wear off with time or should I just buy another adapter?

Thanks.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hi Daniel, sorry, I don't know that mount, or have it in front of me.  It might not be a good idea, or is a screw mount and can't really be fixed.  I spent 20 solid minutes looking at the adapter and figuring out what the problem was.  In fact, I don't think the idea of how to fix it came to me until later, when I had an "in the shower" eureka moment ;)  Then I had to find the dremel! If you're not mechanical you might just want to send it back.  I mean, I would have done that if it hadn't come from China.  If your adapter came from China, then you or someone might want to look at it.  Sorry I can't give an exact fix.  But I can confirm that they don't always fit perfectly, in fact, most of them have some fit "issue."  Like that adpater worked fine on Panny cameras but not the BMPCC.

I think it might be wise to understand the model of focal reducer that is being used.  if of a split pin type retainer it could be that the split pins are just opened up too much and should get looser as you use it.  

personally before getting the dremel or emery cloth out, I would remove the speed booster from the camera and give the two a bit of force attach then remove a few times.  remving the camera from the equation means the actual camera isnt being subjected to stress.