Shane Hurlbut says "Canon C100 Mark II is a DSLR KILLA" !

lafilm

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I really do respect a lot whatever Shane Hurlbut has to say about filmmaking, until... he opens his mount and mentions Canon! :-/ Then it just becomes silly. 

He mentions the FS700 but doesn't even mention the FS7 once in that entire article? WTF

The Canon C100 Mark 2 is a highly user-friendly camera that's solid on all fronts with an apparently lovely image straight out of the box. That's its real attraction.

But this review... and the GH4 one. Jeez louise. He lost all my confidence at "This [GH4] fails in every way except shooting bark on trees". Well, for $5500 I can buy me a whole lot of beautiful bark-shooting action!

I really do respect a lot whatever Shane Hurlbut has to say about filmmaking, until... he opens his mount and mentions Canon! :-/ Then it just becomes silly. 

He mentions the FS700 but doesn't even mention the FS7 once in that entire article? WTF

I actually have on my desk right now - the FS7. I've not even turned it on yet but this thing is incredible. It's built like a rock and the grip is the best thing about it. Shooting a music video with a RAAAR RAAAR band on FS7 + a GH4 on a drone in a mental asylum with no roof tomorrow.

What was Shane on about again?  :P

• Administrators

Glad you got the FS7.

The more people keep buying the old 1080p stuff from Canon the more they are going to keep the 4K stuff in the vault and coast along. They can sell us a $5k 1080p camera and then also a $8k 4K camera at some point in 2015. Such profit. Please people stop buying dated equipment and reward the innovators like Sony...

Saying it's a dslr killer it's a bit dum as this is on another league in my opinion. It has proper audio, better resolution, canon log and is a vídeo camera, not a stills camera. the examples Shane showed were great in my opinion and a good exemple that the camera in capable hands can produce a very nice image. As most cameras do...

PS: I don't agree just because the other cameras can output 4k or record it internally that are straight better than the c100 MkII.