What Lenses Would Match Well With Sigma ART Lenses

miketurner

Hey guys!

Been a while since I've logged in here, but would love to get some ideas, perspectives from you guys (whom are far more experienced than I) on what lenses would match the overall sharpness/aesthetic of the Sigma ART lenses.  I'm looking to add to my collection, as I like different aesthetics for different purposes.  I am mainly shooting on the GH4 currently, but increasingly more on the A7S aswell.  

I currently have the Sigma 35mm Art and the Sigma 50mm Art. 

In addition, I have the following:-

Zeiss 85mm f/1.4

Zeiss Distagon 28mm f/2.0
Canon FD 50mm f/1.4
Nikkor 135mm f/2.8

Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8

Nikon 28-70mm f2.8 IF D

Contax Yashica 25mm f/2.8
Helios 44M 58mm f/2.0
Vivitar 28-90mm f/2.8

Panasonic 14-42mm f/3.5 MFT

Nokton 25mm f/0.95 MFT

SLR Magic 12mm f/1.6 MFT

SLR Magic 50mm f/0.95 MFT

So based on the above list, any ideas on what would "match" well with my Sigma ART lenses?  And if none, what other lenses would you recommend that would fit the general sharpness, aesthetic etc. of the ART line?  Maybe Zeiss Apo 135mm f/2.0? Any thoughts appreciated. Finally, I'm not being lazy as I am also slowly doing my own tests and after February (work will slow down) I may even do a video comparing them etc. Until then just thought I'd get some perspectives from other working videographers etc. with far more experience.

Thank you!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Why are you worried about Matching with ART lenses with anything else? You have so much different glass does it even matter? Do you plan to only use the ART glass with the new lenses you buy to match them and never use them with your other lenses?

To answer your question

>Zeiss Otus

Hi /p/

These are all good questions.  I will try to answer as best as possible.

>>Why are you worried about Matching with ART lenses with anything else?

I should have mentioned that I predominantly film corporate videos for the company I work for.  We often have a three camera setup for the interviews we do.  This may seem excessive, but, my employer prefers it this way (he has an active part in it).  Either way, as you can imagine, if we are using two ART lenses on two bodies, then the question remains, what can adequately match that overall aesthetic/sharpness/look on the third? This question is semi-rhetorical, since you've already stated the Zeiss Otus line.. but I wanted to let you know why I was posing these thoughts/questions in the first place. 

To answer the other questions is simple.  Yes, I planned on only using the Art lenses with the other Art lenses or ones that would work well with this somewhat sterile, sharp, clean aesthetic.  Whilst the Zeiss Otus is an option.. it is certainly a bit more than I wanted to pay.  And I'll be honest.. I much prefer working with my older glass... just because I like the aesthetic of that personally.  But that's just me.  My boss prefers this super clean/sharp/sterile Art look.  He gets to decide unfortunately.  :P 

So, any other options aside from the Zeiss Otus?  :wacko: 

Thanks guys for all your responses.  I haven't had the chance to try either of those Olympus lenses yet... but, will see if I can borrow one from a friend to experiment with.  (I know he has the 12mm Olympus MFT and I recall him having a 45mm Olympus too).  

IronFilm:  I was actually considering going down that route - Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8.  It was the one I was going to experiment with next (along with the olympus above).