Audio help

Inazuma

Over the weekend I filmed a sketch with two actors. The recording was done with two lav mics; one a Rode and one a cheapo one. The actors were sat fairly close to eachother and the cheapo mic has picked up the other actor's voice a bit too much, causing reverb when I put the two tracks together (which are definitely in sync).

How can I reduce the other actor's volume in the cheapo mic without much affecting the volume of the actor that it's supposed to be recording? I have Audacity and Adobe Audition.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Are both mics recorded on the same track (mixed)? Usually you would have each mic in a separate track, in which case, yeah, you should fade the cheapo mic when the opposite actor is talking. To compensate the fading in and out of the background noise you could use a room tone (if you recorded one) or some other suitable background noise applied on a different track during the whole dialogue...