Full Australian movie shot on the Nikon D810

Danyyyel

Guest 560a4aedcb80685284629074497fdc75

For those criticising, try to shoot a movie on a shoestring budget.  Film making the indie way is a huge amount of work and stress typically done by a very small crew of highly dedicated folks.  Most good 10-second commercial videos these days have much higher budgets and crew than the average micro budget indie feature.

Great job OP.

Yes well done OP. I'm really impressed with how well you posted those clips. I particularly like the way you embedded not just one but two videos ... and then added a few lines of text underneath!

HiFF - I agree. It's a hell of a thing trying to make a film on a shoestring budget, even when it's coming from one of the biggest camera manufacturers in the world. Nikon probably didn't give them much money because they probably didn't care if the camera they've spent millions advertising as being an exceptional video camera actually produced a decent cinematic image. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Yes well done OP. I'm really impressed with how well you posted those clips. I particularly like the way you embedded not just one but two videos ... and then added a few lines of text underneath!

HiFF - I agree. It's a hell of a thing trying to make a film on a shoestring budget, even when it's coming from one of the biggest camera manufacturers in the world. Nikon probably didn't give them much money because they probably didn't care if the camera they've spent millions advertising as being an exceptional video camera actually produced a decent cinematic image. 

Well, nothing is stopping you from showing both those clueless amateurs and Nikon how it's supposed to be done, without a penny or even a camera strap begged or needed from Nikon, right? 

So much jealousy, cynicism or just generally negative energy in this thread for some unknown reason.

Imagine if all that passive-aggressive energy percolating in this topic could be somehow transcoded and channeled into actual filmmaking... that might become a rather dark film, but man, you would own the film festivals!  ;)

Well, nothing is stopping you from showing both those clueless amateurs and Nikon how it's supposed to be done, without a penny or even a camera strap begged or needed from Nikon, right? 

So much jealousy, cynicism or just generally negative energy in this thread for some unknown reason.

Imagine if all that passive-aggressive energy percolating in this topic could be somehow transcoded and channeled into actual filmmaking... that might become a rather dark film, but man, you would own the film festivals!  ;)

I didn't understand the first sentence.

2nd sentence: pot kettle.

Dude I'm sure you're a nice guy, but for someone who doesn't use their real name, doesn't post their work and doesn't contribute much useful information, you sure spend a LOT of time pointing out what other people are doing wrong. 

2nd sentence: pot kettle.

Quite. You don't need my help to make yourself look like a plonker. Looks like you manage that quite well without my help. Yes, so do I, but that's besides the point. I didn't tell you what to do or what not to do.

I was simply curious about the reasoning behind your quite positive and endearing comments. I don't care if they're 'right' or 'wrong,' just wondering about the relevance. But nevermind, it doesn't matter. Whatever floats your boat.

Dude I'm sure you're a nice guy, but for someone who doesn't use their real name, doesn't post their work and doesn't contribute much useful information, you sure spend a LOT of time pointing out what other people are doing wrong. 

I'm sorry, but that's just windy, sanctimonious bollocks. I don't need to justify myself to you, nor do I need your permission to be here. If you don't like what I write, feel free to ignore my posts. No need for a bleeding heart. I think there may even be a ignore button somewhere. 

Quite. You don't need my help to make yourself look like a plonker. Looks like you manage that quite well without my help. Yes, so do I, but that's besides the point. I didn't tell you what to do or what not to do.

I was simply curious about the reasoning behind your quite positive and endearing comments. I don't care if they're 'right' or 'wrong,' just wondering about the relevance. But nevermind, it doesn't matter. Whatever floats your boat.

I'm sorry, but that's just windy, sanctimonious bollocks. I don't need to justify myself to you, nor do I need your permission to be here. If you don't like what I write, feel free to ignore my posts. No need for a bleeding heart. I think there may even be a ignore button somewhere. 

I do ignore your posts - when they are not addressed to me. I've been doing so for a while. But when you quote me and criticise me, I will respond. 

I suggest you ignore me. Please. Life is too short for this crap.

I do ignore your posts - when they are not addressed to me. I've been doing so for a while. But when you quote me and criticise me, I will respond. 

I suggest you ignore me. Please. Life is too short for this crap.

FWIW, as said, I did not directly criticise you, that's just your own postulation. You got what you bargained for.

​But nevermind. I've noticed you've got quite a distinctive way to 'respond' not only to me, but to others, too. I don't really give a crap, this is not that important. Just curious about things sometimes. 

It's nice that we agree on something, though. Life is indeed too short for the snarky, condescending and bleeding-heart drama followed by any kind of non-submissive communication addressed to you. So as you wish, I'm happy to ignore you from now on. Cheers. 

Apologies to others on this thread for the ridiculous bickering above. It's embarrassing. The guy obviously has issues.

LOL :D

The pot of kettle is indeed hot

The being said, "prestigious arts high school"?

Man you need to watch films (aka, real movies) The 'video' Nikon sponsored is cow dung. On every level. This is Amateur Hour. So is the camerawork. And no, I don't have to be Stanley Kubrick to realize the Star Wars sequels all suck, and so will the new ones from JJ whats his name? Nikon blew it with their "masterpiece". If I worked at Nikon I would have let out a rumor that this was actually shot on a 5D3. And took that lie to my grave.

Sorry if you feel everything in life has to be PC, and just because someone turned his camera "on" he should be lauded.

Forget it man, Im way too old to give out props and lollypops to the ice cream man for showing up on time. 

Forget it man, Im way too old to give out props and lollypops to the ice cream man for showing up on time. 

I'm the one that made the "arts high school" quip.  

The images in this movie example are nice enough and I found them impressive compared to what I'm usually able to accomplish.   I wish I had the talent now to shoot consistently as such over the course of an entire production, much less be able to create images like that as an 17 year old kid in high-school.

I'd like to see your reel; always interested in people with skill, especially since it must be better than this Oz example.  I'll check out your profile here on EOSHD and see if you have links to your work.

For what it's worth, I like butter pecan.

LOL :D

The pot of kettle is indeed hot

Man you need to watch films (aka, real movies) The 'video' Nikon sponsored is cow dung. On every level. This is Amateur Hour. So is the camerawork. And no, I don't have to be Stanley Kubrick to realize the Star Wars sequels all suck, and so will the new ones from JJ whats his name? Nikon blew it with their "masterpiece". If I worked at Nikon I would have let out a rumor that this was actually shot on a 5D3. And took that lie to my grave.

Sorry if you feel everything in life has to be PC, and just because someone turned his camera "on" he should be lauded.

Would really like to see your work, because remember we are on a film..... makers forum here and not film critics site. So between fellow film or aspiring film maker I would really like to know what you have done. So how you would have shot, framed and lit some of those shots in the trailer. A bit more technical analysis would enlighten us so as we can learn from you.