A focus pulling method with wifi remote

melihozbek

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

Ipad Iphone Android compatability = A very successful (and brilliant) application for fillmakers. It works much better than I would have thought!

I take it it's written in C#?  Are you open-sourcing it, planning to commercialize it?  I went to your site, I think, http://www.dijitalakademi.com/  if so, if there an English version?

The app that comes with Panasonic cameras works well on my Android.  Of course, you can't script the commands.  Not sure how many people would use such a feature.  Anyway, love to learn more!

Well, it is originally a program written in Visual Basic 6.0, 13 years ago for Casio QV3000.. That camera accepts commands from usb interface.. So it is an adaptation with so many unnecessary code. If I can tidy it up, I'll open the source.. I don't know if people would pay the software, but most probably it will be free.. :)

I am a 'early retired' software developer (worked for 25 years) and  photographer (another 25 years :).. Now as you may have guessed, I am teaching photography. Unfortunately there is no english version of my site. Only this page: http://www.dijitalakademi.com/camsime.asp , my camera simulator.. 

Scripting commands can be used in timelapses, focus pulling, focus stacking, night sky photography etc.. I'll try to make some samples and post them.. 

regards

Hi.  I've created a fair amount of camera control type stuff ,here's a robotic panorama thing I built: http://maxotics.com/?p=21  Five years ago it was between Mac or PC, now there is still that plus iOS and Android.  I'm still interested in it.  I tried to get people on the Magic Lantern form focused on a stable version of ML RAW for the EOS-M, but couldn't get there.  

Anyway, it looks like there are now two people on the forum who can program cameras to do something.  The question is, what kinds of programs/software would filmmakers on this forum want.  How many of them want it?  How badly?  

Behind me sits boxes of arduinos, usb interfaces, old windows tablets, etc.  

Well, probably not in the near future :) But these features can easily be integrated into the camera's firmware (Like features in Magic Lantern).. My program does not "mark" focus points.. Instead, it moves focus specified amount from current position. But I am working ona version which marks the focus spots. So, wherever your current focus is, when you click to the mark,it focuses that point. I think it is more convinient to use..

The only thing is, Panasonic communication protocol supports only two speeds, and none of them is accurate enough.. I am working on consistency issues :) When I finished, I'll put it on my server. 

Maxotics, in my opinion, filmmakers don't want anything that complicates the process.. They only want their cameras.. I am not a film maker, I am a photographer, software developer, and mechanical engineer... I teach photography, write software about photography, and can understand the internal mechanisms and limitations :) I wish I had a double major at electronic engineering :) That would have completed the set..

I am writing this programs as a hobby, as a brain exercise.. In my software developer days, I've seen even if people are very good at what they do, if they have no or very little knowledge about software and computers, they can't imagine how software could make their work done better, faster and more efficient. So, when you ask somebody "what programs do you need?", they might not know the answer.