Hardcore - The First Ever Action POV Feature Film

jpfilmz

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Sometimes there's a reason something hasn't been done before.

Even gasper noe's 'Touching the void" is unwatchable due it's gimicky fpp cinematography IMO . The need for a gimmick in every music video and tv show is starting to rub me the wrong way quite frankly.

It's silly when a gimmick like this is the whole concept of the film.

The technique itself isn't bad, if you find a way to use it so it adds to the storytelling of a film. But used like in the trailer, it just feels like a scripted 3D shooter game - where you don't even get to control the character.

I personally love the way Aronofsky used Snorricam in the film Pi, although I probably wouldn't want to see a whole film using only Snorricam.

Filming with POV could certainly be used to enhance one effect or the other. One film that comes to mind is Being John Malkovich. Instead of having the black vignetting when people are inside John Malkovich, a POV camera angle could have worked well.

That COD trailer is like 99% CGI. Personally... I really like that Hardcore trailer and concept. It just has a really nice gritty vibe and personally I enjoy practical effects way more than full on CGI. A whole film from POV? What the heck, give at a shot! Show those negative nannys that it can be done! Will they succeed? Probably not but hey, challenges are made to be overcome and I think these guys have to potential to do this way better than a large Hollywood system.

Yeah, surely it is bloated with CGI and I would agree with you usually about using practical effects more, but somehow that COD video is so intense, and over the top that it makes me want to see more. Hardcore's trailer had a lesser effect on me.

A full POV movie could work...but you'd need to be a very accomplished visual storyteller and disciplined director to make it viable. I doubt anyone dabbling in this rig has those qualifications.

Exactly. The concept could be executed very well, but it's clear from the trailer that it won't be in this film.