Thoughts on the D600?

Inazuma

A great read on your blog Inazuma about your experiences with the Nikon and Panasonic. The Nikon does deliver on skin tones and overall look which I always find very pleasing. Look forward to your thoughts on the D5500 post purchase. I will be pairing the D5500 with the D750 once funds allow soon.

Yep I'm hoping to receive the D5500 and some other stuff this week so I can use it on a shoot on Monday. I'll let you know how it goes :)

​Technical stuff aside, your video looks fun and energetic. How did you get your models to be playful and make those dance gestures? Was there music on location?

The girl with the dungaree was a bit of a wild child and her energy permeated the room. Aside from that we just put a bit of effort into directing them to do certain things and yes there was music used at one point but the shots didnt make it into the cut. She's a really good singer btw. We did this live video for them using the same setup

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Is this true? Nikon D5500 at iso 25.600 that clean?  https://vimeo.com/123315281

​I just did a quick test with my new D5500 with Sigma 18-35mm f1.8

ISO 3200 

Neutral picture profile, No noise reduction:

vlcsnap-2015-05-29-08h59m52s844.thumb.jp

Flat, No noise reduction:

vlcsnap-2015-05-29-09h03m05s139.thumb.jp

Flat, High noise reduction:

vlcsnap-2015-05-29-09h03m32s323.thumb.jp

Basically it looks clean as long as there's light. But if there's light then you wouldn't go to a high ISO anyway usually

And here's the Panasonic GX7 with Olympus 17mm f1.8

ISO 3200 (No curve, no iDynamic, -5 contrast, sharpness and noise reduction):

vlcsnap-2015-05-29-09h13m30s097.thumb.jp

BTW I'm really loving the ergonomics of the d5500. Grip and buton layout far better than the old d5200 I used to have. Not to mention the touchscreen which Im already using more than I thought I would.

How has the D5500 been Inazuma? I am enjoying the D750 and looking for a second body. I would have to give up the power aperture and auto iso in video along with the FF look but it will mainly be for a B-Cam that is unmanned or controlled via WiFi. I am thinking of pairing it with the Nikon 35 1.8 and Nikon 24-120 F4.

How has the D5500 been Inazuma? I am enjoying the D750 and looking for a second body. I would have to give up the power aperture and auto iso in video along with the FF look but it will mainly be for a B-Cam that is unmanned or controlled via WiFi. I am thinking of pairing it with the Nikon 35 1.8 and Nikon 24-120 F4.

​It's been good. There is an exposure meter in LiveView which I had not expected. The screen is big and high-res enough to flip it out and use the camera ENG style on your shoulder. Bright enough to use on an overcast day too I think. 

I hope you mean the newer 35mm lens because the older DX one sucks. 

Also you should check to make sure that you can control video with Wifi. I think I read somewhere that you can't.

The image is very nice but when you focus to infinity you really notice how soft it is (compared to a Panasonic camera or the A7S). However it will be very similar to the D750.

Here's a clip I took last Monday, shot on Flat.  The second half of the clip is graded to how Id visualise it if it were a film.