Canon battery (7d/5D mk3 variety) sudden death?

Brett44

On of my genuine Canon batteries just straight up died. No response win the camera, and my charger doesn't even recognize that the battery is on it. I'm not sure if it was one of my old batteries from 2009 when I got my 7D or a newer one, but either way they shouldn't just brick out should they? I'm sure any warranty time is far over, but any other advice on how to bring it back to life or maybe if there is a way to get a discount on a replacement would be great. Thanks!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

Just happened to me too with a Canon 1100D rebel battery (LP-E10) but never happened with either the t3i's larger ones or the 60D largest ones. The battery charger started flashing the orange light a couple of weeks ago, and it would require taking it off, cleaning the contact, then the flickering stops and it works normally. Kept doing that it didn't bother me until it suddenly died. No any kind of response. I think it's just the end of its life cycle, it's been working with me since 2011 extensively for both stills and video, so no complaints. I just ordered new and I think that's the only solution sadly.