GM1 & EM1 working together?

Hitfabryk

Today I bought an, as new second hand  GM1 because of the low price and the good reviews.

I want to combine the GM1 with my Olympus EM1 (very nice for handheld) in my recording studio, filming bands.

www.hitfabryk.nl

But now I am wondering if they will work together because of the 30fps on the EM1 and the 50i or 25p, 24p 

of the GM1..

Does somebody has a good idea how to do this?

Thanks

:)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I did some reading and maybe it wasn't such a good idea to combine these cam's ….

25fps and 30fps not a strong 'mariage'?

Please any input will be helpful. :)

Maybe I have to sell the GM1 again??

Because I like the EM1 to much, for different reasons..IBIS an still Q.

I have an old canon fl 55 1.2 and this lens likes to be on front of the Oly.

What would be a good alternative? Or is there an acceptable way of working together?

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

Who are you shooting for? Broadcast? High end theatre? If so, yes choosing the correct frame rate is essential. If you're shooting for web and non-video geeks, then it's practically negligble. I once by mistake shot a whole project in 21p, nobody noticed. Just find the common frame rate in the two cameras and shoot with that. And test if motion really bothers you vs. 25p. Only you can tell.

Well, you could shoot 30p on the Olympus and conform it to 25p if that works.  Not sure what you're shooting and if you're sync-ing sound, but I've shot the EM5 with a GM1 and GX7 on a 24p project and handled the frame rate mix in such a way.  It was a project that didn't require audio though.

I've dropped 30p footage straight into a 24p edit/sequence in the past as well. It's useable depending on your standards.

Can the Euro cams accept the Americas firmware so the GM1 will shoot 30p?  I don't know how that works.  Is it hardware or software controlled?

Thanks Guys, I really appreciate that..

The way I work is:

I record bands (mostly with some overdubs from vocal & guitar)  in my recording studio (www.hitfabryk.nl) on a Protools HD recording system. On the EM1 we shoot a lot handheld and my intention was to have an extra cam for the whole room or above the drums.

The camera also record's the sound but we don't use that..because we will edit the 'clip' on the master recording from Pro Tools.

It's a sort of extra for my customers and some showcase for my studio.

This example shows a bit what I mean, you have to know that these recording sessions where made in only 4 hours..(This one was shot on a GX7, but that one was stolen and I replaced it with the EM1)

What about the idea of selling the GM1 and buying a nikon D5300?? or another MFT cam? (G6 or GH4), because I do have  a few MFT lenses  25mm 1.8,  14mm 2.5  &  45mm 1.8..  I also thought about the D750 but I think I will get confused what to use as my still cam. :)

With the EM1 (all handheld) … don't like the music so much, although the end with the vocals is nice.