Panasonic Skin Correction LUT

Inazuma

Original Post: http://sebcastilho.com/journal/2014/10/05/panasonic-skin-correction-lut/

LUT-David-Comparison.jpg

Hey guys. As you know, under certain conditions and depending on your picture profile, you can sometimes get skin that looks very orange and/or yellow. I really didn't think anything of this issue until recently where I seem to notice it everywhere (much like how when I first started out, I never recognized moire and aliasing, but now they're clear as day).

Last night I kind of was just messing around with my footage and thought maybe I could fix the issue. I have been saying for some months now that you can pretty easily change colours to whatever you like if you really wanted to. So now I've gone out and done it.

In the zip file I've included four LUT files with different strengths to suit your scenario. The one above is with the x2. On the blog post linked above you can see more examples of it in use. It is quite useful for when you apply other LUTs and skin becomes too orange. This can be used to dial it down :) The good thing about this also is that it doesn't really affect other things in the scene much. Also note that all the examples were shot with my GX7, which only shoots at 24mbps!

Download link

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs