Lets talk Cinelux and Ultra Stars!

richg101

We were bidding on the same lens then :) My max bid was €105.

The Schneider he uses in the video is actually a bit different, has no hood/collar on the front.

I'm wondering if it will affect vignetting in any way.
Another observation: The focus ring is moving up and down. Any ideas on using a follow focus?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

there are 2 versions of the Schneider

the first one has a knurled knob on the front to adjust focus and a metal lip top and bottom

I think you will have problems with this lens on the adaptor as the lip will stop it fitting in the end of the adapter tube

the second version Schenider made is the current version they are still selling new right now

it does not have the lips top and bottom on the front and it now has an allen key hole to adjust focus

the front of this lens is totally flat - NO LIPS

make sure you have the right version.......

optically both lens are the same - same glass

We were bidding on the same lens then :) My max bid was €105.

The Schneider he uses in the video is actually a bit different, has no hood/collar on the front.

I'm wondering if it will affect vignetting in any way.

:( sorry man!!!!

I might be totally wrong, as I am totally ignorant on anamorphic and lens in general, but I think it looked as they set the anamorphic to infinity  with the little knob and after took the hood front off.

maybe someone else will answer to this.

Another observation: The focus ring is moving up and down. Any ideas on using a follow focus?

I asked Anamorphicshop on their Facebook page...apparently they plan to have a focus gear ring as an option.

I presume it will be fairly wide (like Helicoptersean's isco 54 seamless ABS gear?) - so the linear travel will not be an issue with follow focus.

The focus gear being wider would allow the follow focus gear to always have a 'bite' of the gear, throughout it's 'in-out' travel.

this is the one I have.  you got a good price too!  

I do think you will have trouble with this first version of the Schneider as it has lips top and bottom and the knurled knob on the front for focus

the second version of the Schnieder is the current version it has a flat front and allen key hole to adjust focus.......no lips

I do think you will have trouble with this first version of the Schneider as it has lips top and bottom and the knurled knob on the front for focus

the second version of the Schnieder is the current version it has a flat front and allen key hole to adjust focus.......no lips

I have just asked anamorphic shop on facebook if I will encounter any problems using the first version of schnieder, the answer is..... no!!!

FM lens is designed to be used with schneider I,II, and many others

lets be realistic its not going to be ideal having the end of your lens with a lip stopping it fitting flat with the end of the FM adaptor

they might say its fine but have they actually tried it for real its going to make a differance to the focusing if the lens is not flush.

its pure physics its going to make a differance .

the Schneider II and Isco and Sankor gold anamorphic lens all have flat ends I would stick with them ..

what will you suggest, I mean, is there anything we can do, I bought it to use with FM

Please tell me there is a solution! :)

I intend to hacksaw the lips off mine.  But in any case the fact that the front fm module optics are very large the lips shouldnt create very much of a problem even if you left them.

removal of the lips with a hacksaw will take about 2 mins of gentle sawing with a decent hacksaw on a sturdy table lined with some old clothes for padding and to stop it slipping while you saw.

there wont be any chance of the metal grains causing problems.  just blow them away with some canned air.   properly cleaning the lens element before starting to saw will remove any residue that might be on the lens that might attract the sawdust.

the focus locking knob will need removing - which again wont cause a problem - its more for continuous projector vibration problems and focus wont shift when in the fm module I doubt.

the focus know will also need chopping down a little - leave just enough length to allow you to still operate focus.

the whole job will take less than 30mins 

lets be realistic its not going to be ideal having the end of your lens with a lip stopping it fitting flat with the end of the FM adaptor

they might say its fine but have they actually tried it for real its going to make a differance to the focusing if the lens is not flush.

its pure physics its going to make a differance .

the Schneider II and Isco and Sankor gold anamorphic lens all have flat ends I would stick with them ..

I have asked again to be 100% sure  if it will work with the first version of the schneider, and again and again!!!

I am going to ask for a video too.

the answer from anamorphic shop is YES it will work

1010587_834089219944915_2012678197090431

Can anyone with a cinelux let me know what the widest 35mm lens they can use without vignetting.

50mm seems to be the standard, but I prefer a little wider for my narrative work.

Has anyone tested a 35mm lens on a crop sensor? 

Scrolled through, and didn't see it mentioned. If it is a repeat question, I apologize.