I need help with my GH4....

Wynand

I'm brand new here and live in South Africa.  I bought a GH4 from a dealer that had to import the camera as Panasonic seems not to supply it to South Africa currently.  So, I'm rather alone in trying to sort things out.

After doing about 300 short movie clips with it, I kind of know the camera by now.  My problem comes after shooting a clip.

I use Premiere CS6 and Vegas 13 to do my rendering and all the clips are shot in CinelikeD CK4 24p profile.  When I import the clip from the camera's Sandisk 280Mbps U3 Ultra Fast Card into Premiere, I render the clip before exporting in 1080p.  The rendered product does not play back smoothly.  It has numerous "judders / jitters) and makes the footages useless.

We use the PAL system here and I have wondered if the problem could be a sync issue between the 24p and the PAL system (which is 25p).

I use a i5 PC with Windows Professional 64bit, 8Gb Ram and a 7200 rpm drive (2Tb).  I also installed a quality 4Gb Asus graphics card.

Last week I took my footage to a media house working with top end Apple PCs, asked them to render the file and got about the same "poor" result.  I must say they said it was the first time they worked with 4K.

What am I doing wrong?  I'm by now at then of the rope and frustrated.  Any suggestions / help will be highly appreciated.

Regards

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Yes - I resized the recorder window in Premiere.  When 4K content is pulled in it usally displays "zoomed" in.  After resizing the recorder window till I see the full image of the first frame I normally hit the return key and render the video before exporting.  (I hope I answered your question?)

@Wynand - Dropping 24 FPS Movies in a 25 FPS Timeline will ad duplicate Fields to your Footage.

Shoot 25p UHD if you need to export to Pal Formats. 24p is only good for Cinema, Bluray or Internet.

OK - so I will not be able to shoot CK4 24p and down convert to PAL 1080p...?

I'm not talking about the size of the window... You have an option of the quality of the playback on this recorder window. If you are in full quality you can have playback problems... If you switch to lower playback quality, it should be smoother.  

Sorry - I checked.  It was set at 1/4....  The problem is not the play back while in Premiere.  It is the rendered file that plays with "jumps" here and there.