4K for $899 - a look at the Panasonic FZ1000

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

But after all, the nd filter is only needed for the photography, not for video use ? Am I wrong ?

Eh. Then how would you go about shooting in broad daylight, low ISO and wanting to have a shallow depth of field?

You're not gonna want to shoot at 1/1000th of a second or something. You can't change any more camerasettings. You're already shooting lowest ISO, you have set the aperture you want for depth of field, shutterspeed for motion blur, the only thing you can influence is stopping down the light by introducing ND filters.

I had gotten some CPL and ND filters for the GH2 kit with original 14-140mm back in the day, which as well has the 62mm threadsize (later version of the 14-140mm is 58mm), so I can just throw those on there. Works fine.

you can stack Tiffen NDs with absolutely no issues - they do this on Hollywood films in industy practice .

its the only way if you want to shoot outside in daylight like I do at f2.8 wide open - sometimes I need ND 24  + to get the correct exposure , they only way to do it is with ND 16 +ND8 stacked ....it works

I know some people, - among them Andy :-), - don´t like vari ND´s.

If you are in a controlled and/or studio shooting environment  where matte boxes fits the workflow, I´m sure fixed/stacked filters might be the number one. In my workflow, - more run and gun, -  stackable ND´s are not convenient.

I have the latest edition of Genustech Eclipse vari ND and it gives me everything I want. There may be a little colorcast, but it is easily solved with a bit of CC in editing and I ´m pretty sure you have to deal with the same issues with most stacked ND¨s.

nice video - he's repeating what I have been saying for years - use hard NDs as vari NDs suck in my opinion!!

they mess with your image too much for my liking so I never use them

Tiffen hard NDs are the best in my opinion worth the money for sure .

with ND 2, 4, 8 and 16 you have it all covered

yes and they screw with your image as you rotate them , yes it knocks off light but it also alters the way light falls on the objects, particularly shiny objects in your image as you rotate it , so there is no uniformity to shots at one setting and shots at a different setting , plus it induces lots of nasty atrifacts and fringing so I never use vari Nds !!!

yes and they screw with your image as you rotate them , yes it knocks off light but it also alters the way light falls on the objects, particularly shiny objects in your image as you rotate it , so there is no uniformity to shots at one setting and shots at a different setting , plus it induces lots of nasty atrifacts and fringing so I never use vari Nds !!!

But using one fixed, non-rotating polarizer is ok i think?