Seize and format for big screening?

Wit

I will have a screening tomorrow night and because the video files had to be transferred by web I send MP4 instead of the original files. What seize and format should a video have for a good sight when screening on a screen of approximately 2 x 2,5 meters? Is a mp4 of a HD 1920 x 1080 of 500MB enough? 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

If the acquisition and projection format is 1080p then I don't see any reason to use a higher resolution.

Difficult to say whether 500mb is enough without knowing the length of the film. If a blu-ray movie is say, for the sake of argument, 90-120 minutes at 15-30 gb total, then that works out as 160-250mb per minute.

I think the bit rates I suggested above are a bit high. 100 mb per minute or so should be more than enough. Do you have any way of previewing it? Even just watching it on a decent monitor, and really eyeballing it for artefacts can be useful. I'm sure most viewers will be engaged with the content and won't notice occasional blocking.

• 3 weeks later...