PICS: Comparing the complete set of Rokinon cine-style lenses at 4K

Joseph Moore

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I was surprised to find the 35mm noticeably sharper than the 24mm wide open. I had originally planned to make the 24mm my “go to†lens, but now I’m going to return it. The FOV isn’t different enough from the 35mm to justify needing them both.

Well, a couple of different lens testing sites have tested the normal versions of these a while ago, and both indicate that the 35mm one is the sweet spot of the Samyang FF-compatible lineup. Clearly a nudge or two above the others, and also marked as such, at least in the stills versions. Not surprisingly it's the priciest of the bunch, too.

As for the FOV difference between 24mm and 35mm, suppose that's a matter of taste, I think there's enough difference, but if I was to buy just one of those Samyang lenses, the 35mm one would probably be my choice, too. For the aforementioned reason.

Guest fe4a3f5e8381673ce80017d29a8375f1

From your tags it looks like you used a Lens Turbo for this test Joe? To put it bluntly, doesn't that defeat the whole purpose? The Lens Turbo isn't exactly the sharpest glass in the world ...