Recommendations for a cheap long lens for gh4?

Lasers_pew_pew_pew

Hey guys,

I used a 70 - 200 canon on a c300 recently and fell in love with it. I love being able to get that close and the super shallow depth of field and nice look it gives.

I was wondering what you guys thought was a comparable lens in terms of quality and depth of field on a Panny GH4, with m43 speedbooster?

I was thinking nikon 70 - 180? 80 - 200 maybe? Which do you think I could get for cheap and that would still look high quality?

Or the sigma 50 - 150? not the new one with OS, (since speedbooster doesn't allow OS), but the older model for a bit cheaper.

I was also wondering in terms of old lenses if I get something that's really old but still sharp and fast, if it'll make much of a difference? Like a really old nikkor from the 80's?

Or the 'Bourne supremacy' lenses, which were some old Nikon zooms that were used on that I film, like the 80  200 I believe.

Any thoughts welcome

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

It doest have a ring to zoom, you have to push and pull the front elements to zoom. The 80-200 Af-d has two rings (you can distinguish it easily because the rings are small compared to the one gigantic ring in the push and pull versions). But that lens goes for 500€.

The 80-200 (except the af-s) are said to perform a little better than the latest modern glass (therefore the price).

If you decide for one of the older ones check if the front element turns around when focusing because that will be a problem with variable ND filters.

Other options with sharper optics but without zoom are the 105 1.8 ai-s and the 180 2.8 ED Ai-s.

Hey guys,

I used a 70 - 200 canon on a c300 recently and fell in love with it. I love being able to get that close and the super shallow depth of field and nice look it gives.

I was wondering what you guys thought was a comparable lens in terms of quality and depth of field on a Panny GH4, with m43 speedbooster?

I was thinking nikon 70 - 180? 80 - 200 maybe? Which do you think I could get for cheap and that would still look high quality?

Or the sigma 50 - 150? not the new one with OS, (since speedbooster doesn't allow OS), but the older model for a bit cheaper.

I was also wondering in terms of old lenses if I get something that's really old but still sharp and fast, if it'll make much of a difference? Like a really old nikkor from the 80's?

Or the 'Bourne supremacy' lenses, which were some old Nikon zooms that were used on that I film, like the 80  200 I believe.

Any thoughts welcome

Two that might be ok

Canon FD L 80-200 f4

Tamron adaptall 70-210 3.5 (model 19ah)

both are quite good wide open and while maybe a stop less than you would like would 2.8 (with speedbooster) be enough?

Is it for 4k?     If not you have the ETC available so can use a shorter lens