IR and ND filters for Black Magic Pocket Cinema Camera

Damphousse

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

another nice one is SLRMagic Vari ND tested by Brawley: https://vimeo.com/johnbrawley/review/106381581/6ae5f7095b also SLRMagic rumored to release soon a new version of their filter with better specs, additional ring and few different sizes.

The problem is there are no head to head test vetting the SLR Magic Variable ND filter.  Watch the Dugdale video.  There are a lot of parameters that come into play with variable NDs.  Honestly if I bought just one filter some of those deficits would not immediately jump out at me.  I'm not telling anyone what to buy.  Just letting everyone know looking at these things in isolation or only focusing on one parameter and ignoring all else will make you miss things that may be important to you.

• Super Members

The problem is there are no head to head test vetting the SLR Magic Variable ND filter.  Watch the Dugdale video.  There are a lot of parameters that come into play with variable NDs.  Honestly if I bought just one filter some of those deficits would not immediately jump out at me.  I'm not telling anyone what to buy.  Just letting everyone know looking at these things in isolation or only focusing on one parameter and ignoring all else will make you miss things that may be important to you.

I agree, but both Brawley and Kholi have tested the SLR Magic and said that they find it better than the Tiffen that pretty much won Dougdales test.
I bought my Genus based on his testing but if I was to redo it today I would go SLR Magic.

I agree, but both Brawley and Kholi have tested the SLR Magic and said that they find it better than the Tiffen that pretty much won Dougdales test.
I bought my Genus based on his testing but if I was to redo it today I would go SLR Magic.

Thanks.  That's good to know.  I bought the Tiffen.  I don't even know if SLR Magic had a variable ND filter out back then.

Here is an interesting test...

I wish more charts and side by side identical images were used along with more close ups.  Color fidelity seems better with the SLR Magic in this video.