Loupe for BMPCC

Turboguard

I'm looking for a simple loupe for my BMPCC, and the 3 ones I've narrowed it down to in my price range (all around $159 for EDU);

Zacuto Blackmagic Pocket Camera Z-Finder 2x

Kinotehnik LCDVFBM LCD Viewfinder for Blackmagic Pocket Camera

Hoodman Blackmagic Finder Kit for Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera

Who has experience with these? They've gotten very different reviews on BH but I don't know what to make out of that.

I have the tilta wood/metal cage so it doesn't look like I can attach the hood man if it's made to attach right under the BMPCC. If that part is adjustable I can see it work.

The Zacuto is 10 bucks cheaper than Kino and Hood, and it the one I've read most good things about. But then again, some people say Kino is superior.

What's your take?

Thanks

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I'm going to try adapting my Z-finder Jr for the BMPCC's 3.5" screen (with a modified 3" adhesive mount). Anyone know if anyone has done this successfully before? 

First though I'm going to buy a cheap Hoodman 3.5" sun hood and see how I get on with that. DrewNET seemed to think this works fine ...

I was thinking sun hood first too, but then I read that the loupes actually magnifies the image, which is EVEN better! I have a 7" monitor with soon hood, but I've used it 1/10 times on jobs/shoots. I end up just looking at the BMPCC LCD instead of all the hazzle with adding the monitor to my to go kit.

So yeah, Zacuto, any other thoughts?

I've been using a cheap £10 Z-finder knock-off from my 60D (with a little modification) & apart from it cutting off a bit of the screen on the right hand side, it works just fine - the Zacuto one will be sooo much better for handheld/small rig use.

However, the Pocket screen suffers from the 5D syndrome of being a fixed screen - not being able to flip it out to any angle has proved annoying for some locked down shots. So I was thinking that something like a smallHD DP4, with its loupe attachment, might be a better investment - well its this or the EF Speedbooster. 

I sold my BMPCC before I bought a Clearviewer http://www.clearviewer.com/ for the GM1.  The Clearviewer is a lot better than it looks in pictures (I bought the deluxe version).  That is, it isn't just a magnifying class modified for a camera.  The details were really sweated out.  I would write the maker of it and ask him what he thinks.  Not the kind of guy who would sell you something that won't work.  I use it both on the GM1 and Sigma DP1M.  

I've used both the Kinotehnik and the Zacuto and both work great. It's pretty much a matter of taste.

The Zacuto is more robust, but also bulkier. I love the eyecup foam on the Kino, it really beats the Zacuto for long use (you know, when your eyebrow starts to sweat pressing your eye against the rubber of the Zacuto is less pleasant). Zacuto has antifog (Kino doesn't but I've had no "fog" problems in the summer). If your sight is not perfect, the Kino uses additional glass vs. the classic diopter adjustment (my sight is OK, so no problem for me but the Zacuto might be more convenient for those who need adjustment).

I see that you are in NY, so maybe drop by B&H to try them and see which one feels right? As for the Hoodman, I haven't used it but I have heard from different sources that it is quite disappointing.