Looking for a ~£100 camera to do reviews

Inazuma

Hey guys,

My gear is very egotistic and likes to have pictures and videos taken of themselves. Problem is that the main camera is usually attached with the other pieces of gear. So I'm in the market for another super cheap (like £100) camera.

I DON'T need great AF, high iso, dynamic range or a mic jack.

What I DO need is good video detail without much digital sharpening/aliasing/moire and just decent stills quality (better than a compact basically). And preferably a Panasonic so I can use my lenses on it.

Any recommendations? :)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

My opinion on GF3: It sucks.

- resolution is low.

- no manual video controls.

- the hack does not imrove its video quality like in case of GH2 (I tried many hack variants in past few years). The only thing you get after hacking GF3 are much bigger files :)

- it's old camera: many current non-video oriented cameras are much better.

GF3 might not have a full manual mode, but in controlled light it's easy to get exposure under control. It does 1080p and it really isn't that bad. Better than Canon dslr crap for sure. If you can get a GX1 for that money go for it. It sure has a M mode - not sure if it's full manual in video.

Anyway, does this all really matter for gear vids? You could probably even use your smartphone. Just put a bright light source on it and any modern phone will do fine.

I agree with Jacek AND Julian.  You can finesse it to get close to manual video exposure.  I forget how, but can be done.  I wasted a lot of time on the hacks too--they don't do anything I can see.  It's a nice camera for less than $100.  The EOS-M is closer to $300, but you get a camera that still competes with modern tech.  Julian has a point.  Lighting is everything.  Better to have a GF3 with $200 worth of light panels instead of the EOS-M without.